Ensures the safe and effective use of medications by providing medication order verification while assessing for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services in the Home Infusion Pharmacy of the UVA Medical Center. Monitors inpatient and outpatient drug therapies when appropriate, and works with relating medical staff to find alternatives when needed, to ensure the best care possible is being given.
· Provides clinical pharmaceutical care to patients.
· Enhances the quality of delivery of care.
· Demonstrates proficiency in Pharmacy distributive services.
· Supports the educational and professional development of the Pharmacy department.
· Engages in professional self-development.
Position Compensation Range: $47.00 - $70.50 Hourly
· Education: Bachelor’s in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree required
· Experience: PGY-1 residency required or equivalent hospital experience (3 years). PGY-2 residency is preferred for specialty areas.
· Licensure: Commonwealth of Virginia State Board of Pharmacy License required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required
Job requires standing for prolonged periods and frequently walking. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47.00 to $70.50 /hour
- PGY-1 residency: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off