Dublin City University in Ireland has partnered with Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University (PNU) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to deliver an MSc in Nursing: Advanced Practice programme.
The role is a full time 10 month contract, with potential for longer, beginning in 2020.
PNU is a women-only university.
This post offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in the dynamic and rapidly growing PNU and closely associated with a number of partner health services in Riyadh. The candidate must be willing to temporarily relocate.
The MSc in Nursing: Advanced Practice programme is the first practice-focused Master of Science in Nursing programme in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It includes such modules as advanced physical assessment, advanced pathophysiology and advanced pharmacotherapeutics. The duration of the programme is two years, full time, delivered on site in PNU and incorporates lectures, clinical skills education and clinical practicums. The language of instruction is English and a wide variety of teaching methods are used such as lectures, group work, tutorials and Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs).
It offers a challenging, transformative educational experience for students in partnership with the hospitals in Riyadh. Open to qualified nurses, the programme seeks to integrate theory and practice, equipping students with the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver high quality, safe, competent care at the advanced level.
- Must hold a Doctoral degree, preferably focused on Nursing
- Must hold a degree in Advanced Practice Nursing, preferably Nurse Practitioner
- Must also have a minimum of two years’ Advanced Practice work experience
- A minimum of 3 years relevant classroom teaching experience
- Previous lecturing and research experience in Advanced Practice Nursing is desirable
- Deliver modules and assist other module co-ordinators for large class delivery
- Participate in course development and lead specific module developments
- Prepare, deliver and assess modules related to the programme
- Communicate with students re course delivery dates, clinical links and supervision as appropriate
- Provide student support on site in PNU
- Participate in the Knowledge Transfer Plan – a progressive handover of the teaching responsibilities to the PNU faculty
Remuneration & Package
- Competitive salary & subsistence
- Return Flights
- High Quality Accommodation provided
Job Type: Temporary Full-time
Job Type: Temporary
- university level teaching: 3 years (Required)