Specialized research professional working with Principal Investigators (PI) who are primarily responsible for overall design and conduct of research. Supports, facilitates, and coordinates daily clinical research activities and plays a critical role in conducting the study and associated regulatory compliance. Works with PI, department, sponsor, and institution to support and provide guidance on IRB submissions, participant screening and enrollment, research visits and tests, data collection, and many other aspects of the clinical study management. Reports directly to Director/Clinical Research/OI and indirectly (“dotted line”) to PIs (who oversee individual study activities) and FSU Director of Office for Clinical Research Advancement.
- Work with FSU Clinical Research Navigator and Chief Clinical Research Officer to identify and facilitate opportunities for TMH/FSU research collaborations, including identifying potential researchers for collaboration.
- Assist in identifying potential extramural funding opportunities including industry, government and private foundation sources for TMH/FSU research collaborations
- Work with the FSU Office for Clinical Research Advancement and TMH Office of Research to inform clinician and faculty researchers of the resources/expertise provided by these offices to assist them.
- Work with FSU Clinical Research Navigator to develop consistent policies, procedures and expectations for student, full-time faculty, clerkship faculty, clinician and clinical staff adherence to institutional policies and federal regulations governing human subjects research
- Assist in identifying and proposing potential improvement opportunities for the TMH/FSU research collaboration, including new policies, procedures and workflow processes or changes to existing ones.
- Assist in identifying and developing educational and training materials, user guides, job aids and other outreach tools for helping researchers engaged in the TMH/FSU collaboration.
- Assist in compiling periodic progress reports on the TMH/FSU research collaboration, including metrics on studies proposed and/or implemented, types of studies conducted (e.g., cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.) and other areas of interest by senior leadership.
Reports: Director/Clinical Research
Required Education: Associate degree
Required Experience: Two (2) years of relevant job-related experience.
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) credential from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) within three (3) years of employment required. CCRC credential at time of hire preferred. Human Resources (HR) may substitute the Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) credential from the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) for the CCRC credential
- Bachelor’s degree. Three (3) or more years of clinical research experience.Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology. Understanding of regulations for Protection of Human Subjects, 45 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 46, and 21 CFR 50. Understanding of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy rules and regulations. Basic knowledge of data management. Familiarity with data abstraction. Excellent interpersonal skills with proven written, presentation, and verbal competencies. High degree of planning and organizational skills. Computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook. Strong ability to work autonomously. Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities while demonstrating excellent customer service. Ability to work well in a team, manage conflict, and resolve problems effectively. Ability to attend routine study-specific research meetings and monthly research coordinator meetings.
What you will LOVE about TMH:
- Exceptional company culture
- Great work/ life balance
- Community oriented
- Great benefits for you and your loved ones
- Invest in your future – 403(b) & 401(a) plan with remarkable contribution from TMH
Why Choose Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare?
Designated to meet the diverse health care needs of the Big Bend region, Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) is a private, not- for- profit health care system and the regions only Level II trauma center serving 17 counties in North Florida and South Georgia. TMH includes a 772-bed acute care hospital and the M.T. Mustian center. The M.T. Mustian Center is a multi-story 340,000+ square foot addition with modernized 28 operating rooms, 72 adult medical/surgical intensive care units and 4 interventional suites, which is located at the southeast corner of the TMH campus and directly connected to the existing Tallahassee Memorial Hospital.
TALLAHASSEE, YOUR NEW HOME!
Near but far from the castles and crowds of Disney, lies another magical place in the Sunshine State - one with a fascinating past, a diverse population, a buzzing political center, and great pride. Often described as "The Other Florida" with its deep-rooted history, rolling hills, mild climate, Southern-style hospitality and canopy roads of moss-draped oaks, it is a Florida few have seen. Best known as Florida's state capital, Tallahassee is a medium-sized city where the power of state government and a vibrant academic and artistic community are complemented by old-fashioned charm. Tallahassee is located in the central northwest panhandle region of Florida, 30 minutes north of the Gulf of Mexico and 30 minutes south of Thomasville Georgia. This region marks the center of the eight-county "Big-Bend" area.
Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen, background check, reference verification, health assessment, and credential/license verification.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location