Reporting to the Sustaining Way Executive Director (ED), the SCIPL Congregational and Denominational Coordinator is responsible for leading, and growing SCIPL, under the direction of its Leadership Council, the ED, and as guided by SCIPL’s annual progress plan. Major responsibilities include plan implementation, fundraising, program development and delivery, SCIPL council development, public relations, assuring legal and fiduciary compliance and increasing congregational and denominational engagement in the organization.
- SCIPL Primary Objective: Develop a strong statewide network of faith partners that are enlightened and engaged to accomplish SCIPL’s mission
- Develop and implement key SCIPL programs to build statewide engagement and capacity. This includes managing and growing local congregational affiliates through the SCIPL congregational covenant
- Establish and strengthen partnerships to further SCIPL and Sustaining Way’s Missions including cultivating and nurturing ongoing relationships with leaders in various faith communities, leaders in the energy sector, and key individuals in academia, corporations, governments, and foundations
- Serve as the public representative of SCIPL in way that will encourage diverse congregations to sign the covenant. Serve as primary representative for SCIPL at IPL related conferences and events including attending the annual IPL and USCAN conference.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize and leverage synergies between SCIPL and Sustaining Way’s existing programs and partners
- Lead Marketing and Engagement Efforts for SCIPL – Creation of monthly newsletter, update and maintain Website, and manage social media presence (with support from SW Staff)
- Communicate and collaborate with the SCIPL Leadership Council including monthly conference calls
- Work with the ED to prepare an annual budget, and manage income and expenses to assure fiscal accountability and health throughout the year
- Establish key measures and program dashboard to track SCIPL’s impact and mission progress
- Provide support and coaching to Sustaining Way’s Coordinators and other staff
- Assist with grant writing and fundraising. Leading fundraising for SCIPL.
- Assist in the development of strategic and annual plans for SCIPL and Sustaining Way
- Model a simple sustainable lifestyle as a way of living out one’s faith.
- Serve as Backup for Sustaining Way Executive Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: Specific requirements include:
- B.A. or B.S required.; M.B.A., M.P.A. or M.Div. a plus
- Strong program management skills with experience managing a program resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SW and SCIPL’s missions
- Ability to articulate one's faith commitment in relationship to care for the earth
- Excellent communication and computer skills: must be a good public speaker, a strong writer and able to generate electronic newsletters, maintain website, social media, etc.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Fundraising skills and experience including planning, grant writing, donor outreach, etc.
- Experience and skills in managing membership/contact database and relationships
- Vocational experience in a non-profit or faith-based organization
- Grassroots organizing experience
- Demonstrated concern for climate and environmental issues
- Experience in policy analysis and advocacy
- Experience/training in energy and/or energy efficiency
Sustaining Way’s Vision/Mission: Sustaining Way empowers individuals and communities to cultivate a sustainable and equitable future through education, collaboration and workforce development.
SCIPL Mission: South Carolina Interfaith Power and Light is inspired by diverse faith perspectives to respond to climate change and to care for the Earth and all its inhabitants by engaging people of faith to work together for a just and sustainable future.
Job Type: Full-time
- Grant Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Environmental Advocacy or Policy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nonprofit or faith-based org.: 1 year (Preferred)
- Interfaith: 1 year (Preferred)
- Program Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Greenville, SC (Preferred)