The Retail Watchmaker will report to the Owner. Key areas of responsibility include facilitating the authentication, diagnostics, and repair of timepieces as well as overseeing the tools, processes, and equipment, utilized by the company's watchmakers. This position will service watches within our retail stores in Torrance, Manhattan Beach, and Redondo Beach, as well as interact and engage with customers to communicate nuances of watch repair and service options and choreograph communication across multiple internal teams to execute a seamless customer experience and a frictionless production pipeline.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Accountable for assessing the condition, authenticity, and functionality of timepieces personally worked on within our retail store.
- Accountable for diagnosing and performing service on timepieces of basic to moderate complexity to restore them with standards of accuracy and functionality
- Accountable for coordinating the necessary communication between all watchmakers, clients, customers and operations personnel, to receive approval on needed repairs and process accordingly
- Provide accurate and expedient simple adjustments and regulations to mechanical movements as well as battery replacement on models and link additions/removal.
- Work closely with sales reps to assist in any requested educational or training initiatives
- Partner with sales reps to scale and diversify the growth of the company's watch repair and service initiatives
What You Bring To The Role
- Ability to execute on communication systems
- Adept at working with technology solutions to increase productivity and efficiency
- Polished in verbal and written communication
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
- Degree or certification from relevant watchmaking educational institution
- 3-5 years experience repairing timepieces
- Brand certification from major watch brand a plus
SouthBay Gold is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place