This CTO position requires a hands-on and seasoned technical professional who can directly work with the technology as well as manage our development team. The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will lead and manage the company’s software engineering and related technical teams, and drive key software architecture decisions.
Please only apply if you have current .net/C# development skills.
Please Note :
- This is a hands-on role managing our technology platform and the people building it. This means that the successful candidate must have current skills related to coding, coding patterns, and grooming engineering teams .
- We also require evidence of successful team management leading to the delivery of commercial software to enterprise customers. The focus for this position is enterprise software architecture, product delivery, and technical strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and/or drive all decision making of all technologies utilized within our software application suite.
- Take ownership for the breakdown of software development work and the delivery of features and architecture.
- Facilitate healthy engineering practices and processes that will enable the team and company to scale significantly.
- Build an exceptional team of innovative software developers by mentoring and developing internal talent, and recruiting strong external talent.
- Define and achieve target milestones with metrics for product delivery.
- Establish coding and application standards and manage compliance.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Oversee all system design and changes in the system.
- Establishing software development process, standards and best practices and ensure adherence
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met.
- Supervising workflow and quality of development resources.
- Mentoring and motivating development resources.
- Partnering and collaborating with department heads as advisor of technology.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Develop, track and control the annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations.
- Manage and optimize the use of infrastructure assets.
- Manages and inventories technology assets.
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans.
- Evaluates new technology and makes recommendations on technological solutions.
- Defining and ensure compliance to company standards for systems, equipment, and software.
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer)
- Deep experience developing highly scalable web applications and services.
- Demonstrable experience building and grooming development teams
- Demonstrable experience implementing software development best practices and processes
- Prior leadership in fast growing companies
- 10+ years of experience with content-rich enterprise-scale SaaS applications through highly integrated platforms, solutions and services
- 5+ years people management experience (leading development teams through multiple complete product development cycles)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Experience with technology relative to industry; .Net, C#, SQL Server, jQuery, Angular, CQRS, Domain Driven Design
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, team building and leadership skills
- Able to build strong relationships and partnerships with peers
Prior Insurance or Financial Industry Experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- .net: 5 years
- Enterprise Software Development: 8 years
- Senior Technology Leadership (SVP, CTO): 3 years
- Team Management: 10 years