Manager Software Engineer
Company is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. They simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, they helped put it there. Some of they're customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Raycom Media, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
Company are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. They hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And they're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
Company is looking for a hands-on Software Engineering Manager to join they're traffic software solution team. In this role, you’ll lead a small team of talented engineers that have developed an end to end solution,Company's Traffic,that was specifically developed to manage the complex sales and operations for the U.S. television and radio industry.
If you’re passionate about people management and highly organized, all while keeping things fun, dynamic, and challenging, this could be an excellent opportunity for you to lead a team that delivers high quality software.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Manage a group of Engineers which includes:
- Leading, motivating, and inspiring Engineers to develop their best code and performing at their best level.
- Providing feedback, structure, staff development, and learning opportunities to keep Engineers engaged in their projects and committed to their professional success.
- Acting as a role model by exhibiting the behaviors and performance indicators that are required for the developer’s role.
- Defining, managing, driving and coordinating all aspects of the engineering team to ensure employees’ priorities are aligned with the goals, project plans, and commitments.
- Collaborate with product managers & designers on roadmap and release cycles.
- Solicit feedback from the team to encourage innovative thinking to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Partner with internal and external customers to understand requirements, priorities, and processes.
- Participate in analysis sessions with the technical team and plan resource allocation.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 2 + years of experience in a technical product management or development lead role
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent combination of other education and experience
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to develop people, measure accomplishments and keep teams aligned and motivated
- Must be action and results-oriented, and able to expand and apply technical knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet product deadlines
- Creative problem-solver who works well both independently and as part of a team; able to foster and develop others' ideas as well as their own.
- Detail oriented and able to coordinate work streams for on-time, on-budget delivery while ensuring project details are accounted for and acted upon.
- Effective communicator to build relationships and manage business priorities
- Proven ability to foster and grow a collaborative and positive team environment to solve complex software challenges
- Working knowledge of MS SQL is highly preferred
This position will be based in our Lynnwood, WA office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, 401(k), stock options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 8 years (Preferred)
- leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- managing multiple priorities to meet product deadlines: 3 years (Preferred)
- MS SQL: 4 years (Preferred)
- technical product management: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Child Care benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules