Job Title: Landscape Worker
Reports To: Supervisor/ Forman
Summary: Performs all landscaping activities and exceeds company quality expectations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to the following.
1. Receives instructions from supervisor.
2. Adheres to time clock procedures, safety rules and regulations, equipment operation, equipment maintenance and proper landscape procedures in accordance with company training procedures. Attends and participates in scheduled training sessions as required.
3. Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.
4. Reports to supervisor when work is complete and/or with any problems or discrepancies with jobs.
5. Maintains work area in a neat and clean manner.
6. Returns tools and unused supplies to appropriate storage area at the end of each day.
7. Advises supervisor of malfunctioning tools and equipment.
8. Operates landscaping equipment, including mowers, weed eaters, edgers, blowers, hedge trimmers and various hand tools in accordance with Manufactures requirements and safety procedures.
9. Wears appropriate uniform and safety equipment.
10. Checks oil and fuel in each landscape machine prior to the start of each machine.
11. Ensures all equipment/trucks are secured while on job site.
12. Performs snow removal tasks as assigned by supervisor.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education/Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training prefered but not required.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver’s license, DOT physical.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Landscape Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Massachusettes Drivers (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19