The Warehouse Supervisor is part of Tesla Energy Field Operations team. As the Supervisor, they will direct all supply chain activities in the regional facility necessary to support the installation of Tesla’s energy products. This position will work collaboratively with the Operations leadership, installation teams and lead the warehouse staff to ensure operational efficiency, safety, and controls meet targets and continuously improve. Warehouse Supervisors who excel in the role maintain a clean and orderly warehouse with accurate inventory and prepare all installation kits on time.
- Manage a team of two or more warehouse employees to meet departmental goals via appropriate allocation of workload and effective resource management
- Responsible for managing inventory control procedures to ensure crews have material to meet installation needs
- Maintain cycle count accuracy (scrap/adjustments/variance/loss reduction)
- Organize the warehouse space and all materials on site
- Interview, select, train, and develop new warehouse staff
- Manage documentation including vendor invoice, safety & hazmat records, job close-out paperwork and all other auditable records. Ensure that documents are easily retrievable on demand.
- Meet or exceed spend targets as it relates to variable and fixed costs for the warehouse facility via systems currently in place, and/or works with appropriate staff to establish new systems of measurement
- Insure the security and proper management of all warehouse equipment and materials received and stored
- Oversee maintenance compliance for forklifts and moving equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of relevant warehouse experience
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Inventory planning systems experience required
- APICS certification preferred
- Mechanical aptitude to pre-assemble parts
- Ability to perform repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to handle materials weighing 50 lbs.
- Must be highly organized and process-oriented
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external customers
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program