Headquartered in the Bay Area with offices in Jaipur, India and Austin, Texas, venture-funded, Punchh is the world leader in innovative digital marketing products for brick and mortar retailers, combining AI and machine learning technologies, mobile-first expertise, and omni-channel communications designed to dramatically increase lifetime customer value. Leading global chains in the restaurant, health and beauty sectors rely on Punchh to grow revenue by building customer relationships at every stage to becoming brand loyalists, including more than 100 different chains representing more than $12B in annual spend, 30,000 locations globally, 26M+ consumers, and 1M+ transactions daily. Punchh boasts a customer list that includes Pizza Hut, Quiznos, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and many more.
Reporting to the Head of Data Science, the Senior Big Data Engineer plays a critical role in leading Punchh's data innovations. He/she will leverage prior industrial experience in big data and help create cutting-edge data and analytics products.
This role requires close collaborations with engineering and product, serving not only internal clients like marketing and customer success but also external clients. He/she should be both a technical expert, and an inspirational mentor to the team, guiding junior members around establishing best industrial practices.
- Company's domain expert in Big Data and related technologies. Continuously improve our internal data infrastructure by leveraging advanced ETL technologies.
- Work with large data sets and implement sophisticated data pipelines with both raw and structured data.
- Manage the monitoring and optimization of our internal data pipeline that supports analytics and machine learning, including Real time personalized recommenders & Advanced BI dashboards
- Represent company's expertise in advanced technologies in a variety of media outlets such as client interactions, conferences, blogs and interviews.
- Help senior leadership on defining Punchh's long term strategy in advanced technology. Advocate across the company the best practices for data usage.
- Occasional business travels are required.
- 5+ years of experience as a big data eng professional, developing big data solutions.
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or other related fields.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated rigor in maintaining a complex data pipeline.
- Extensive knowledge with Amazon AWS services.
- Excellent programming background such as Java and Python, including high familiarity with streaming libraries like Kafka and Spark. Extensive experience of using the above to develop data products.
- Advanced knowledge of big data processing, e.g. relational (postgres, mysql), NoSQL (mongodb, hbase) and Hadoop (EMR).
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to articulate a complex concept with thoughtful, actionable recommendations.