The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
The Communications Coordinator will provide a high level of support in creating or promoting effective print, digital and video communications at FCSN. CSN’s messaging and storytelling as well as create agency publications (internal and external), content for our websites and social media. The Communications Coordinator also; works closely with FCSN’s Executive Director, Development Director, leadership and staff, generates content to enhance the agency’s presence on a variety of media (print and electronic) and assists with organizing and publicizing FCSN events.
Essential Job Functions:
· Coordinate internal or external communications and publications for FCSN. Communicate with donors, create FCSN newsletters, brochures, media releases, email announcements, on-line material or video.
· Identify and support opportunities to share the FCSN story in the community. Organize talking points or materials to create a communications strategy to effectively tell the FCSN story. Write stories on a regular basis and photograph families, staff or an FCSN event, as necessary.
· Develop and oversee FCSN branding initiatives; increase awareness of FCSN among stakeholders.
· Update FCSN’s website and social media content; create rich and creative content and maximize optimization for search engines.
· Provide communication support to the Executive Director, Development Director, and other staff as needed. Provide communications support for FCSN’s annual Visions of Community Conference, GALA or other FCSN event, as required.
· Performs other duties as required.
· A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or a related field is preferred or requires an excellent mix of education and relevant experience.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Excellent proofreader and communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
· 2-3 years’ experience in; production of professional publications (newsletters, marketing materials), use of storytelling to convey a message and website/social media optimization.
· Excellent computer skills including knowledge of WordPress, editing software, applications and platforms.
· An ability to work independently or part of a team working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and an ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
Position Reports to: Development Director
The Federation is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. We welcome parents and persons with special needs to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $34,758.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Boston, MA 02129 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- related work: 2 years (Required)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings