Multi Site After School Program Site Director
Healthy Kids Programs is one of the leading child care organizations in New York State, with over 60 sites in Western NY, Hudson Valley and the NYC metro area. We offer high quality, excellent before and after school programs and summer camps. We are committed to hiring positive, caring staff that will keep our programs at the level we expect. To learn more about our organization go to www.HealthyKidsPrograms.com
We are looking for a high energy, experienced and skilled Before and After School Site Director for multi sites located in the Finger Lakes Region (may include Seneca, Cayuga, and Onondaga County.) of New York. This position will require someone who has supervisory experience.
PROGRAM HOURS: Monday- Friday 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
JOB DATES: Follows School District calendar.
Summary: Responsible for all aspects of the operation of a single Healthy Kids Extended Day Program in multiple locations. Name may appear on up to 4 licenses. This position will supervise a team of 4 Site Supervisors, each of whom are responsible for the day to day operations of one site.
Job consists of
- Manage all aspects of 4 before/after school programs with a special focus on
- Recruiting, hiring, supervising and training a highly qualified staff to deliver a consistent, high quality service in all sites having similar programs.
- Take full responsibility of staffing your sites including:
- Making sure your staff is in ratio according to the enrollment numbers
- Schedule all staff on the ADP, Time and Attendance system. Daily approvals of staff time cards by 12PM, on the following day.
- Find subs for staff that need time off, or for call outs.
- Add staff if necessary by:
- Working with the recruiter to post open positions
- Interview and hire new staff
- Onboarding and training new staff
- Alert Regional Director of all staffing issues in a timely manner.
- Manage and support the Site Directors/Supervisors in your sites to make sure they have everything they need to run a high quality program.
- Managing an operation that follows New York State before/after school regulations
- Operating excellent programs that: * Follow Healthy Kids Best Practices and Curriculum that serve as the foundation for Healthy Kids “Consistent Excellence” Philosophy.
- Feature superior classroom management skills and excellent parent communication
- Feature a warm, nurturing, positive, safe environment.
- Prevent problems with pro-active management and handle those that happen in an effective, positive manner that emphasizes good communication.
- Leading in a positive, upbeat, yet confident style with an emphasis on effective communication and addressing issues head on.
- Consistently communicate with Regional Director in reference to any questions and/or concerns. All serious issues, must be addressed with Regional Directors immediately.
- Develop monthly staff calendars for all sites.
- Monitor and address performance issues in a timely manner so that personnel understand their areas of improvement and have the chance to bring their skills up to our standards of excellence.
- Work closely with the Registration staff, and utilize Brightwheel to insure that all students that should be in the program have completed paperwork.
- Maintain good working relationships with site hosts including school principals, school administration and school custodial staff.
- Maintain excellent communications with all parents.
- Adhere to and consistently enforce companies Code of Conduct, policies & procedures and New York State guidelines.
an Associate's degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field; and two years direct experience working with children less than 13 years of age, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity in a child care program or related field of work
or a New York State Children's Program Administrator credential; and two years direct experience working with children less than 13 years of age, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity in a child care program or related field of work
or a School Age Child Care Credential or other Office recognized credential specific to the school-age developmental period, and two years direct experience working with children less than 13 years of age, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity in a child care program or related field of work
or two years of college with 18 credits in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field; and two years direct experience working with children less than 13 years including at least one year in a supervisory capacity in a child care program or related field of work.
- Possess high energy, be engaging and a team players
- Pass full background check including fingerprinting and reference checking, SEL, SCR
- Be medically fit to perform job duties and free of TB
- Be warm, friendly, caring with an upbeat personality and love working with children
- Have excellent people skills in dealing with children, parents and staff.
- Be professional, reliable and prompt
If you are offered a position, the following are required before beginning employment:
- Proof of education and or training. This includes official transcripts or certificates.
- Fingerprints and Background Check through the NYS Central Registry.
- A physical exam and the results of a TB test signed by a medical professional stating that the person is in good standing health to work with children. Not refundable.
* The Healthy Kids Program is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
- supervising a childcare or like program: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with elementary school aged children: 2 years (Preferred)