ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Design Manager demonstrates an understanding of the relationship between design, production and presentation. The role is responsible for fostering and maintaining a collaborative, professional working relationship with both Project Management and the members of the Project design team.
Essential Job Functions
- Organize the design team, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and specialized vendors to meet overall Project objectives.
- Responsible for developing a Project Program (and its subsequent revisions) that properly encompasses the Project scope to a standard and detail level appropriate for the Project stage. This document will be reviewed and approved by the Project Manager and VP of Studio Development prior to publication.
- Oversees and directs staff to ensure that Project creative intent is accurately organized, integrated, and documented in models and drawing packages that meet ITEC quality standards.
- As directed by their manager, maintains the integrity of the envisioned original design, maintaining a cohesive design in all elements associated with the Project through all phases of development.
- Initiates, organizes, and documents design reviews as often as needed during the process.
- Oversees show vendors and consultants to maintain the integrity of the original design to ITEC standards during all phases of the Project.
- In coordination with management, helps develop policies, procedures, and attraction design standards.
- Collaborates with the Studio Manager to resource and schedule Projects and set staff task and deliverable expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining Creative Attraction Design Standards and managing work quality, in collaboration with the Creative Directors, Art Directors, Technical Directors, and Project Management under the direction of the various Vice Presidents involved in the Project.
- Coordinate design efforts among all project disciplines, including but not limited to creative, planning, engineering, architecture, and Project management.
- Develop multiple technical and creative solutions to meet critical design criteria, such as: the guest experience, theoretical hourly capacity (THC), ride system selection, show elements, show technologies, and related Project influencers.
- Ability to work with and lead various personality types.
- Must be a self-starter and a long-range planner, and be able to work with little daily supervision.
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD/TrueView, 3D modeling, and/or others.
- Experienced in managing creative or design projects to budget and on schedule.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a strong understanding of creative intent and the level of quality required for the work of the Design Studio.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering documents and drawings including: (Programmatic Information, Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, Electronic Controls, Ride Mechanical and Ride Controls).
Required Education & Experience
- High school degree or GED.
- 3+ years’ experience in the themed entertainment industry.
- Proven organizational, communication and strategic planning skills a must.
- International cultural sensitivity and experience dealing with international clientele a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Production or Show Design, Theater, Graphics, Media, or another related field.
- Experience in theater, media, animation, architecture, gaming, hospitality, scenic production, and/or other related industries.
- Knowledge of industry vendors, manufacturers and products.
- Ability to work beyond a normal work week (evenings/weekends) as needed.
- No travel is required for this position. Ability to travel domestically or internationally, if requested, is a plus.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery or equipment. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.