Full Job Description
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2017 rankings. It is one of only 49 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute
The ideal candidate for the Inventory Support Analyst will have two years of experience in healthcare environment including purchasing and inventory management.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
1. Greets and provides information and direction to visitors and internal customers visiting the Perioperative Materials and/or Sterile Processing Area.
2. Serves as the primary point of contact for receiving inventory and equipment orders in the Perioperative Materials area and/or instrument trays for Sterile Processing.
1. Responsible for tracking loaned equipment, supplies or instrumentation to the ASC, other departments and hospitals.
2. Assists procurement coordinators with monitoring status of pending orders to the point of fulfillment, receipt and delivery
3. Assists with annual supply inventory preparation and physical count
4. Assists with product returns.
5. Assists with logging instrument trays received from internal customers for processing and track status to the point of return to internal customers.
6. Monitors and tracks deliveries.
7. Processes and documents defective products.
Processes Defective Equipment & Supplies and Provides Needed Support •
1. Keys the supply information from the Defective Product Report into Defective Product Database
2. Saves defective supplies for weekly Patient Safety Net meeting
3. Contacts the product manufacturer to pick-up or mail the device for review
4. Obtains credit for the product
1. Maintains a highly professional and positive attitude and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications
2. Participates in staff meetings and in-services
3. Provides additional coverage for other shifts as required
Other duties as assigned
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Two years business experience in a healthcare environment, including purchasing and/or inventory management.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 136541
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 29,600
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 46,400
Science Jobs: No