Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in national security? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a Biometric Subject Matter Expert on our team, you will have the chance to design biometric systems in support of system interoperability. Your technical expertise will be vital as you evaluate and modernize biometric system standards. You’ll develop your skills in systems engineering while gaining experience in biometric system development and integration. Grow your skills by merging complex systems engineering design and development expertise and operational biometric system deployments to create and provide input to American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) standards in support of customer needs. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 1+ years of experience with standards development and adoption
- 1+ years of experience with enterprise architecture and data standards
- Experience with producing technical documentation, including documentation suitable for standardization
- Ability to create and present briefings to senior leadership
- Ability to work with aggressive timelines for deliverables
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- 1+ years of experience with developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) Web services using XML technologies, including SOAP, REST, WSDL, XSD, XPATH, XSLT, WSDL, and UDDI
- Experience with biometric standards development organizations, including ANSI/INCITS M1, ISO/IEC SC37, and NIST
- Experience with Web applications and services
- Experience with DHS Science and Technology (S&T)
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS degree in CS, Biometric Systems, or a related field
- IEEE Certified Biometrics Professional Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
#LI-AH1, APC4, CJ1, WP1