Edenwald Retirement Community is in search of a Vice President of Health and Wellness whose primary role is to serve as Nursing Home Administrator for health care.
Job Description- the Vice President of Health and Wellness is responsible for regulatory oversight of health care consisting of 4 health care units: 32 bed social model assisted living, 24 bed memory care assisted living, 22 bed memory care comprehensive unit and 52 bed comprehensive long term care unit. Edenwald does not participate in Medicare or Medical Assistance and is not accountable for federal regulations. The VP of Health and Wellness oversees the Independent Living Medical Suite, Independent Living and Health Care Recreational Therapy, Social Work and Nursing.
The ideal candidate would have experience in managing Assisted Living, Long Term Care and be familiar with Maryland COMAR 10.07.02. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of care to all of our residents and we work closely with families as partners in care for the residents. If you are a LNHA and have the following characteristics: independent, self-motivated, detail oriented, organized and truly cares to improve the lives of geriatrics- then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the quality of resident care is met and exceeds regulatory standards.
- Ensures compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, accreditation guidelines and standards.
- Participates it the budgetary process for health and wellness
- Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manages all aspects of state survey process for assisted living and long term care
- Functions as primary officer for facility according to HIPAA guidelines
- Responsible for managing all contracted services i.e. Therapy services, Laboratory Services, Pharmacy Services and physician credentialing.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the Continuing care quality assessment and assurance program.
- Operates facility according to budgetary guidelines.
- Establishes positive employee relations programs and practices, assist in creating a positive work environment to improve job satisfaction for employees.
- Complete and evaluate the POA Satisfaction Survey, Long Term Care Survey and Influenza reporting.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings
- Chair monthly Continuing Quality Improvement Committee
- An active State of Maryland Nursing Home Administrator’s license in good standing.
- Extensive understanding of federal, state, and county regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- 5 years related experience preferred.
- Nursing Home Preceptor preferred or willingness to complete 8 hour AIT course.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Word and excel. Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Outstanding verbal communication skills are a must.
Edenwald is 100% private pay, no Medicaid or Medicare Part A.
Job Type: Full time
Job Type: Full-time
- Nursing Home Administrator: 5 years (Preferred)
- CCRC Environment: 3 years (Required)
- Maryland Nursing Home Administrator (Required)