Experienced Pet Groomer/Stylist sought for a new upscale salon in Stamford, CT.
Pets a Go Go won Best of Westchester for Pet Grooming again this year; and as such, we are busier than ever now with our second location and built-in clientele! Bring your talent and enthusiasm to our award winning team. We groom seven days a week so at least one weekend day is a must.
Opportunity for advancement to salaried salon management position is available as we continue to grow.
Please be 21+, have at least 2 years of hands on grooming experience and be a graduate of a brick and mortar grooming school and/or have completed a multi-year internship with a master stylist. We invest heavily in continuing education along with the best equipment and supplies and provide a laid back and fun atmosphere. We focus on quality over quantity and that shows in the work we do every day. You should wish to provide the best quality product.
* Obtain detailed orders from pet owners as to their preferences.
* Perform intake by assessing pet condition and making recommendations.
* Grooms clients to pet parent preferences or breed standards utilizing own grooming tools. Bathe utilizing our cutting edge technology and hand dry. Clipper, scissor and de-mat as needed. Hand Stripping and Cat Grooming would be a plus.
* Control pets by easing their anxieties and managing/reducing behavioral issues.
* Control costs by conserving use of equipment and supplies.
* Keep equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
* Protect pets, pet owners, and self by adhering to safety policies and procedures.
* Be open to customer adjustments by listening to and resolving concerns if needed.
* Maintain pet records by documenting services; updating information.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Verbal Communication, Listening, Documentation Skills, Attention to Detail, Attendance, Patience, Interpersonal Relationships.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Job Types: Commission (Weekly guarantee available to qualified individual who wants to grow our new location with us).
Salary: Our stylists average $40-50K a year in commission plus continuing education opportunities, tool maintenance allowance and other benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
This Company Describes Its Culture as: