Head of Industrial Americas Overview
The Head of a Vertical Market is responsible for planning, development and implementation of the SI Sales and Operations Americas Vertical Market Strategies. Directs the efforts of the marketing, research, strategy development and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization. Also, the business leader is responsible for achievement of profit, growth, customer, and employee satisfaction goals for Industrial business. Designs, develops, implements, and monitors organizational growth strategic plans that support increased revenue, market share and profit margins in the Industrial market. Collaborates with Service & Solution Portfolio, Business Units and go to market channels to determine overall, strategy, policy, and direction. Works in collaboration will all sales channels to ensure strategies are executed through the organization.
- Candidate can live anywhere in the US as long as they are near a major airport.
The Head of Industrial Market reports to the Head of Vertical Markets Americas of Smart Infrastructure. The individual is the primary interface to all sales channels, zones, key opinion leaders, end-users and interacts with all members of the BU functions and cross BU’s sales opportunities, Business Management, Product/Portfolio, Marketing and the Marketing Communication to achieve the objectives of the business. This individual should be capable of actively participating in and influencing cross functional teams governing a portfolio and go to market strategy. Must be capable of leading cross functional teams to execute successful business plans and targets. Relationship development with customers and regional/country sales, execution and marketing organizations is needed to clearly understand customer needs and translate those needs into actionable requirements.
Designs, implements, and continuously monitors organizational growth plans to increase revenue, market share and profit margins for our Industrial market businesses. Drives organization to a profitable level to meet and exceed budgeted and forecasted bookings, revenue, and profit margins. Provides business vision and direction, address departmental issues, and communicates organizational information as needed. Monitors and works in conjunction with all sales channels to ensure all, OI, Rev and Profit and other financial targets are met. Collaborates with Service & Solutions Portfolio team, Business Units, and the Business Lines to determine overall organizational strategy, implementation plan and direction.
Maintains and broadens personal contacts with major customers, key partners and industry associations and potential customers where position status would be a key factor in a relationship. Provides sales, technical, finance, marketing and management consultation to managers and provides a senior presence and sales assistance in major sales situations. Conducts Technical LOA’s for major large projects to assess risks and options to develop winning strategy.
Builds and continuously improves a superior organization committed to profitable growth in the business and employee satisfaction. Engages and motivates employees to focus on goals and objectives achievement. Ensures appropriate technical training programs in conjunction with Performance
Management. Oversees the development and implementation of departmental budgets. In conjunction with all sales channels develop forecasts. Oversees and controls expenses. Represents Siemens and networks with executive and client leadership at industry associations, professional or community organizations for potential counterparties, advisors, industry resources, associations etc. to enhance business image and success. This role actively pulses the industry to understand the competitive environment, anticipates market trends and demands, and is capable of developing and presenting business proposals for product / portfolio strategic initiatives. Teams with other business units and divisions to provide total customer solutions in Siemens products and services.
Scope of the position:
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Develops, advises, and collaborates with leadership as a trusted advisor to determine overall vision, strategy, policy, and direction for SI AM Industrial market and follow up on future vertical opportunities.
- Leads the development of strategic Vertical Business Plans for implementation within SI AM and drives implementation of all required management activities leading to achievement of profit, growth, customer and employee satisfaction goals for the company.
- Involved in setting strategic direction and communication to establish near and long-term goals and market strategy for regional and global vertical market businesses.
- Conceptualizes and directs the overall operation, including the creation, development, and execution of the business plans.
- Directs operational activities on an ongoing daily basis, exercising tight cost control and maximizing price realization in the marketplace to influence profits.
- Manages teams and/or work efforts within own organization.
- Leads most complex Vertical strategy projects within the business, including project organization, definition, planning, implementation, and control.
- Directs and conceptualizes the development of marketing programs, channel, and pricing strategies to ensure profitable growth and expansion of business.
- Leads, co-defines, and creates specific customer messaging and value propositions for target customer segments.
- Collaborates with external agencies and internal colleagues to create impactful promotional materials that include market data and country sales and marketing input.
- Directs and conceptualizes the development of new products & solution sets within the business that are innovative, meet standards and profitability.
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within own organization which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Develops and manages key opinion leaders; identifies and responds to trends impacting customers and markets.
- Identifies and responds to competitors' strategies.
- Provides input and oversight to creation of training materials for sales and marketing in order to maximize execution of the business plan and ensure achievement of the business objectives.
- Conducts and manages ongoing analysis of market; identifies relevant threats and opportunities; recommends and executes changes to strategy, positioning, long-term development of portfolio to meet customers’ needs.
- Monitors and reports on effectiveness of vertical strategies, programs, marketing plans.
- Drives assessment of growth opportunities, coordinating a range of internal stakeholders to screen potential opportunities.
- Ensures continuous analyses and design of strategic positioning of the business overall, and advises on long term development of vertical market
- BS/BA or advanced degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Sustainability, Engineering, Management, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of successful experience in Power Distribution, Building Automation, Security or Fire including management experience, sales, marketing, and portfolio management.
- Executive level leadership, organizational, negotiation, communication and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrates strong customer focus; expert knowledge in research methodologies to capture the voice of the customer and ability to translate feedback into actionable information.
- Capability to drive results in a complex and difficult customer environment.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing concepts and strategy development; strong track record of identifying market opportunities and implementing robust marketing strategies that drive tangible results
- Understanding of budget planning & management process
- Demonstrates strong leadership and influence skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively across multiple functions within the organization and with external contacts.
- Supervises multiple employees; demonstrates advanced management skills and the ability to apply management approaches for work direction, motivation, training support, and performance management
- Demonstrated leadership and influence skills while working across all levels of the organization.
- Strong track record of problem-solving skills and leveraging data & analytics to develop and implement robust business strategies.
- Proven track record of identifying vertical market opportunities and commercializing solutions.
- Willingness and ability to travel 20%- 40% of the time, domestic.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.