We are not just a production company. We are not an advertising agency. Nor are we a television studio. Or a technology incubator. We simply make things. And help others make things. Because, at our very core, we are collaborators.
We are a community of artists, directors, producers, coders, thinkers, makers, and doers who try to embrace the future.
We don’t specialize in one thing because a good idea can be anything. But we think we’ve made a few beautiful things so far. And what excites us the most is what we have yet to make.
Position Title: Junior Engineer – Post Production
Location: New York, NY
The Junior Engineer will be responsible for providing support for post workflows, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting edit systems, testing new workflows, camera rentals, production equipment provisioning and documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 2-3 years of experience in an equivalent role in a video post-production environment.
· Comprehensive knowledge of computer systems related to broadcast post-production.
· Operational knowledge of NLE based editing systems.
· Experience in SAN environments.
· Experience with command line utilities.
· Experience with HD-SDI and related video infrastructure.
· Understanding of network protocols and systems.
· Understanding of Linux systems, both desktop and server environments.
· Understanding of LDAP, experience with Active Directory a plus.
· Experience supporting a large user base in a technical role a plus.
· Knowledge of HDR workflows a plus.
· Python or similar scripting language a plus.
· Hardware and software upgrades and installations.
· Camera equipment rentals and providing productions with shuttle drives.
· Troubleshooting and providing support for editors, assistant editors, and producers.
· Troubleshooting workflows in Premiere, Resolve, Pro Tools, and Media Composer.
· Troubleshoot audio and video related issues throughout edit rooms.
· Managing user creation and file permission assignment.
· Maintaining and deploying servers running Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
· Running fiber, Ethernet, SDI, and XLR cables for new station deployment.
· Fiber switch zoning and fiber switch administration.
· Creation of LTFS LTO backups.
· Color calibration of reference monitors as needed using CalMAN.
· Assisting with the CapEx and PO creation.
· Creating keycards for office personnel and enforcing security protocols.
· Managing interns in testing and selling old equipment.
· General upkeep of the machine room.
Job Type: Full-time