Keen Independent Research, an Arizona and Colorado based economic research and policy analysis firm, seeks a highly-motivated, personable and accomplished applicant with research experience in economics, diversity studies, urban planning, public policy and/or related fields.
Firm projects are nationwide including quantitative and qualitative studies on race and gender discrimination, equity issues, higher education, arts and culture, health care, water resources and other fields.
Essential Functions of Position
- Support current firm practice areas and develop new practice areas in fields of expertise and interest
- Manage and analyze large data sets using statistical modeling techniques
- Write summaries concerning results and create data visualizations that public can understand
- Design, organize, manage and support qualitative and quantitative aspects of research projects
- Conduct in-depth interviews, focus groups, case studies and other qualitative research
- Present research findings in public settings such as private meetings, public meetings and conferences
- Seek out and gather information on new proposals, write, revise and edit proposal sections (including cover letter, work scope, resume, experience and pricing); translate complex concepts into language appropriate for diverse audiences to ensure successful proposal execution
- Work in diverse teams of Keen Independent Consultants, Project Coordinators, Research Assistants and subconsultants to execute large-scale research projects
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Master’s degree in related field, Ph.D. in related field encouraged
- 4+ years of experience in a related field
- Strong interest in conducting research
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with experience working with large data sets
- Demonstrated qualitative research experience
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analysis and database management software such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL, STATA, R, and/or SAS
- Excellent writing and editing skills as demonstrated in cover letter and writing sample
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Creativity in developing research methods and interpreting results
- Great attitude, professional communications and flexibility
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Other Information and Requirement
Applicants must be able to provide work authorization to prove their eligibility to work in the United States. Keen Independent does not sponsor working visas at this time. Keen Independent Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position will work out of Keen Independent’s Phoenix, Arizona office conveniently located adjacent to ASU Downtown near light rail stations, exceptional restaurants, entertainment and sports venues, and nightlife.
Keen Independent provides health insurance and retirement benefits.
Position is overtime exempt with a competitive salary to be negotiated based on qualifications and work experience. This position reports to a Keen Independent Senior Consultant.
Please include cover letter, resume, three references, writing sample, desired salary and GPA when applying on Indeed.
Position is open until filled and/or closed. Applications will be evaluated as they come in. Please, no phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 4 years (Preferred)