JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Care Associate performs various personal care services for the resident to meet the resident’s personal needs. The Care Associate is responsible for observing the residents, and documenting these observations and care performed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Health and Wellness Coordinator must exhibit the following competencies:
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Critical Thinking: Synthesize complex and diverse information; collect and objectively weigh data; use experience, intuition, and critical thinking to complement data; and design effective processes and workflows.
- Leadership: Inspire the trust of others; balance team and individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, contribute to holding each other accountable and building a positive team spirit; put the success of team above own interests.
- Integrity and Ethics: Treat people with respect and individuality regardless of their status or the situation; do what you say; be fair and equitable in all interactions; be a good steward of company resources; actively contribute toward employees’ success and the Community’s goals; uphold organizational values.
- Dependability: Maintain work behavior that invites trust and reliance; role model positive attendance and punctuality standards; ensure work responsibilities are completed correctly and are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments prepared and on time.
- Professionalism: Uphold high works standards that reflect the company’s purpose and goals; accept responsibility for own actions; react to challenges positively and calmly; provide leadership in maintaining highest technical and customer service standards for the benefit of the residents served.
- Innovation: Meet challenges with creativity and resourcefulness; remain open to change, others ideas, and trying new things; generate suggestions for improving work processes, services and products.
- Oral Communication: Speak persuasively, with intention and thought, in both positive and negative situations; fully listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings without dominating others.
- Written Communication: Write clearly and informatively; present numerical data effectively; read and interpret written information; ensure adequate, effective communication with all team members to maintain company values, goals, and culture.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; monitor and self-correct own work processes and outcomes; apply feedback from others to improve performance.
- Memory Care Program (if assigned to Memory Care)
- Follows and leads the daily and monthly activity program to meet the individual needs of the residents.
- Implements the seven Connections standards.
- Daily hands on participation of activities/programs within Memory Care.
- Resident Care
- Performing personal care needs outlined in service plan and attending to the resident’s and family requests promptly.
- Meeting safety needs of resident and using equipment safely and properly (transfer devices, etc.).
- Giving personal care including but not limited to: baths (bed, tub, or shower), oral hygiene, hair shampoo, nail and skin care, assisting in dressing and undressing, and changing bed linens as assigned in service plan.
- Providing proper care and observation of resident’s skin to prevent breakdown and reporting when skin breakdown occurs immediately to the shift supervisor or the Health and Wellness Director.
- Reporting on resident’s condition and significant changes to the shift supervisor.
- Assisting in ambulation and transfers as instructed and outlined in the service plan
- Offering and assisting with toileting and elimination.
- Keeping resident’s living areas clean and orderly.
- Respectful of resident and family/caregiver environment and resident’s personal needs.
- Dining Services duties, i.e. taking orders, serving food, cleaning and maintaining dining area.
- Maintains regular communication with the Memory Care Director and/or Health and Wellness Director to review residents and help with managing needs (this may include unusual or potentially problematic resident/family issues) and reports changes in the resident’s condition promptly.
- Promotes resident independence, respects privacy, and maintains residents’ rights to decide about care and reports findings to supervisor.
- Works in cooperation with the family and outside providers to meet the physical/emotional needs of the resident.
- Additional Duties
- Completes documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory standards of timeliness, accuracy, and completeness via electronic record.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted resident assignments.
- Participates in all mandatory staff in-services, meeting, and/or education.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the policies of the Community and rules/regulations of state and federal licensing agencies.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- C.N.A. Preferred
- One (1) year of experience preferred but not required.
- Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs, including background in EMR.
- Ability to work with others as an effective team builder and team player.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, multitask, and organize work.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, both verbal and written.
- Subject to criminal background check and drug screening.