Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT or advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the intelligence community. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, before delving into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll focus on building scalable data pipelines and analytic platforms to extract insights from data, leveraging open source tools and managed cloud services. You will work with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts to develop enterprise-grade analytic capabilities. Join us as we use data science for good in support of the global intelligence mission.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in an analytics field, including data analytics, data science, advanced mathematics, or statistics
- Experience with data gathering and analysis of large data sets
- Experience with programming languages, including Python or Java
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation in dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with Data Science in R or Python
- Experience with Machine Learning libraries, including Caffe, Keras, MxNet, PyTorch, or TensorFlow
- Experience with Cloud Computing services, including Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or equivalent
- Experience with Big Data programming technologies, including Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, MapReduce, Accumulo, Cassandra, HBase, Mahout, Pig, and Hive-BA
- Experience with data visualization and knowledge object creation a plus
- Experience with GEOINT data, formats, structures, and standards
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or CS preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.