Systems Engineer (Informatica)-1802985
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Systems Engineering position will involve Informatica Development within John Hancock Investments and will lead the development of complex solutions, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and meet quality targets. The Engineering role will provide technical and business consulting services across multiple applications within JH Investments, and act as an IS technical liaison to the Program and Project Managers, vendors, and business partner leaders.
- Create ETL solutions for John Hancock Investments using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Design and develop data/business validation rules and processes using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ).
- Understand data modeling concepts and complex data relationships as it relates to business data and workflow.
- Follow Informatica workflow and data mapping standards, reuse concepts and best practices in design and development.
- Work with business partners to understand/analyze business requirements, create and document technical design and implement solutions.
- Ensure data quality standards are maintained during ETL process design and implementation.
- Perform ETL job optimization for performance and throughput, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Contribute as a team player ensuring overall code quality, performing peer code reviews.
- Design and document ETL test plans for unit testing and integration testing.
- Assist with designing and documenting operational procedures as it relates to ETL processes.
- Accountable for solving for all technical development aspects and delivery
- Accountable for the articulation of the solutions.
- Act as a lead of the development, unit/integration testing and implementation of business applications in an Agile Release train.
- Analyze business requirements, and develop design specifications for complete business solutions of moderate to high complexity.
- Act as the technical lead, overseeing the work of a small team responsible for development, unit and integration testing, and implementation of business solutions.
- Identify opportunities for optimizing cross-team effectiveness within the Agile Release Train
- Develop and enforce JH Investments development standards and practices that are adhered to by the development team, i.e. coding, code management, and documentation
- Develop strong technical application and product knowledge across the Investment portfolio
- Challenge our technology partners and vendors to derive maximum value
- Evaluate vendor solutions and work with vendors as necessary
- Provide guidance to onshore, offshore, and near shore development service providers as necessary
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in developing ETL solutions using Informatica PowerCenter.
- 2+ years of experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ).
- Experience with SQL is required.
- Experience with Master Data Management and Data Warehousing is preferred.
- Experience with Investments and Fund Administration business data is highly preferred.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting is preferred.
- Minimum 4-year college degree, preferably in a technical field, from an accredited college/university
- Previous experience in new development, maintenance and infrastructure support roles which may have included project leadership
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) as of December 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
About John Hancock Investments
John Hancock has helped individuals and institutions build and protect wealth since 1862. Today, we are one of America’s strongest and most-recognized brands. As a manager of managers, we search the world to find proven portfolio teams with specialized expertise for every fund we offer, then apply vigorous investment oversight to ensure they continue to meet our uncompromising standards. Our unique approach to asset management has led to a diverse set of investments deeply rooted in investor needs, along with strong risk-adjusted returns across asset classes.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Business Unit: JH Investments
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: May 21, 2018, 4:00:00 AM
Unposting Date: Jun 12, 2018, 3:59:00 AM