PLEASE READ: An application is required and will take priority over a resume. Visit www.rhaonline.com, Career Opportunities tab to complete and submit an application.
Paper applications are available at our front desk at Raleigh Housing Authority 900 Haynes Street, Raleigh, NC 27604.
- Performs semi-skilled and skilled work in troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and servicing residential units.
- Completes general maintenance duties such as: repairs and replaces doors, doorjambs, storm doors, and windows by performing limited carpentry.
- Replaces tile, sheet rock, bulbs, and provides general repairs to counters, cabinets, and floors. Repairs or replaces bathroom fixtures. Unstops drains and commodes.
- Performs repairs on water heaters and may be required to replace water heaters.
- Replaces pipes and fitting when necessary and caulks around tubs, counters, showers, and sinks. Diagnoses problems and determines needed repairs on various appliances and equipment including refrigerators, ranges, heating systems, air conditioners, and water heaters.
- Assesses and troubleshoots work to be completed; obtains needed supplies and equipment; and independently completes tasks.
- Requires the application of journeyman level skills in several trades, particularly of the mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical variety.
Must possess and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license. Drug testing, criminal background check and DMV check required.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Graduation from high school or it’s equivalent and 3 years experience in the maintenance field; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
BENEFITS OFFERED We offer benefits including paid holidays, pension, health, dental, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k and 457 retirement plans, and annual/sick leave.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.90 to $18.11 /hour
- Maintenance Technician: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- NC Drivers License (Required)