Help Desk Support handles customer questions, service requests and escalations within a call center environment, to provide help desk support with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism. Provides inbound and outbound telephone support for public-facing online applications. Communicates with customers using web-based tools and demonstrates the associated proficiency in typing and grammar. Has broad working knowledge of web browsers and demonstrates continued and consistent proficiency in most of the skill sets utilized within the FTG Call Center. May assist management with scheduling and tracking of subcontractors and developers.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize customer service requests via telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and self-service web site
- Answers customer/client support requests or inquiries concerning online applications
- Demonstrates ability to apply sound process to troubleshooting and problem-solving incidents
- Communicates effectively with technical and non-technical customers, both internal and external
- Utilizes mechanized systems to initiate and complete service orders and handle customer requests
- Utilize operational systems to escalate service orders and support requests
- Coordinate with developers and tiered support groups to escalate service requests
- May be required to work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer contact channels
- Perform on-the-job training for continuous personal and professional improvement
- Complete on-line training courses for continuous personal and professional improvement
- Availability to work a flexible schedule which includes all hours of call center operation
- Responsible for improving service delivery processes through programs, applications and methodologies
- Other tasks deemed necessary by management
- Interest in technology and understanding of technical issues
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
EXPERIENCE: At least six months operating a computer in Windows based environment. Call
center experience preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or related IT certification(s) preferred, but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work on projects that require deadlines
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Quincy, MA office
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, required work hours may vary depending on business needs.
TRAVEL: Less than 10% travel required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour