The Director of Accounting’s primary purpose is to administer and manage the ISFC’s accounting operation and to ensure that all books and records are accurate, controlled and GAAP compliant. This position provides oversight and management of staff, prepares and analyzes financial information, assists with departmental budget management and manages internal controls, best practices, procedures and system requirements. The starting annual salary range for this position is $75,000 to $80,000.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Supervise and oversee all Accounting Department operations including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, Purchasing and other accounting functions.
2. Oversee and manage the accounting and purchasing team.
3. Regularly evaluate, monitor and enhance internal controls and perform process compliance audits.
4. Implement and oversee all month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting processes, including reconciliations, journal entries, GAAP compliance, cash & bank, etc.
5. Oversee, compile and analyze all monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including, but not limited to, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows.
6. Oversee and manage all regulatory filings including, but not limited to, preparation of all tax returns including Form 990.
7. Lead the ISFC year-end financial statement audit and associated deliverables, ensuring accuracy, consistency and timeliness as well as GAAP compliance.
8. Oversee all fixed asset and depreciation accounting.
9. Oversee the implementation of standard operating procedures for the accounting and purchasing departments.
10. Oversee the accounting software configuration in the ISFC’s financial system.
11. Oversee reconciliation of all subsidiary ledgers, including ticketing, parking, concessions, etc.
12. Assist the CFO in monthly forecasting, management reporting and the annual budget process.
13. Provide ad hoc reporting for the CFO and/or ISFC staff on an as-needed basis.
14. Provide excellent customer service to the ISFC staff for budget management, accounting processes and procedures.
15. Perform the planning and execution of the Administration Bank and Gates Bank operations for the annual State Fair.
16. Assist the CFO with special projects as assigned.
17. Serve as acting CFO in his/her absence.
Special Projects include but are not limited to:
1. Complete annual unclaimed property report.
2. Participate on the Finance Advisory Committee.
1. Excellent communication:
Able to clearly present information through the spoken and written word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with customers or clients; listens well
2. Understanding of processes and procedures:
Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; communicates and enforces organizational processes and procedures; recognizes and constructively conforms to unwritten rules or practices.
3. Strong decision-making ability:
Able to take timely action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to consider options and uses reason and analysis to pick best solution.
4. Strong financial acumen:
Able to understand the full meaning and interrelationship of key financial indicators; uses financial analysis to evaluate and identify desired strategic directions; manages function’s financial performance.
5. Continuously learning:
Able to stay informed of current industry or professional trends; learns and applies new concepts and demonstrates career self-reliance; identifies own self-development goals.
- Four-year college degree or completion of an equivalent in-depth specialized training program in accounting required.
- CPA is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.
This position requires a high level of judgment, analytic ability and creativity, such as investigating complex problems or situations, analyzing information and recommending solutions.
This position has direct supervisory responsibility for three full-time positions in the Accounting Department.
This position will receive general direction from the Chief Financial Officer, who will establish only broad goals. The employee participates heavily in setting work objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.