Looking to use your accounting skills to develop a career in a new and exciting market space?
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our top tier outsourced CFO business in Beverly Hills. The ideal candidate must:
- Enjoy working in a team/collaborative environment
- Have a strong work ethic – we work harder, so we need you to as well
- Be able to quickly learn processes, procedures, regulations, etc.
- Have the ability to work one-on-one with experienced team members and clients
- Be able to work autonomously and independently when necessary to manage own workload
- Be a morning person – we work east and west coast hours!
In return, the successful candidate will be provided with:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401(k) match
- The opportunity to grow a diverse range of accounting and operational management skills in the alternative investment funds industry
- A team who is invested in your professional development – we want to share our skills, experience, and knowledge to see you grow and succeed
- Flexible working environment – future opportunities to work from home, client sites, other Agile office locations
- A laid back, casual, and fun office environment – we all sit on a large trading desk (even the CEO), we wear jeans to work, and have a quirky mix of collaborative personalities.
Agile Fund Solutions was founded in 2010 to bring high touch CFO, COO and CCO business solutions to firms working in the alternative investment space. Today, we provide outsourced CFO/COO/CCO consulting and back office operational and accounting support services to over 50 asset managers with oversight of an aggregate AUM over $7 billion. Our Mission is to deliver institutional-quality, customized, and efficient solutions to hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds, investment advisers, and investment firms. Partnering with our clients, we take on select and comprehensive business responsibilities, from workflow and documentation through operating and financial management.
Assistant Controller/Controller will be responsible for providing the following to our CFO clients:
- As part of team, manage and support several client accounts
- Manage oversight of prime broker, administrator, and audit/tax service providers
- Maintain shadow accounting and investor allocations on behalf of clients
- Prepare and reconcile performance reporting, including weekly performance summaries, monthly risk metrics reporting, weekly transparency, and attribution
- Assist with stand-alone accounting services for select private equity, venture capital, and hedge fund clients
- Oversee clients’ trade processing and reconciliation process, including:
- Record, verify, and reconcile various equity/options/derivative positions, with several counterparties against in-house operated portfolio management accounting system
- Research corporate actions, recalculate, and review against prime broker records
- Utilizing Bloomberg, investigate and re-value all securities
- Manage accounting via QuickBooks for management companies, including:
- Accounts payable processing
- Invoicing funds and separately managed accounts for asset based and performance based fees
- Record all company transactions and prepare a monthly cash reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly trial balances
- Quarterly budgeting and cash forecasting
- Assist with year-end audit and tax work
- Assisting with internal projects and administrative duties.
- Undergraduate degree required, with focus in Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years’ experience in accounting, operations, or middle office environment highly regarded
- Alternative investment funds experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills required
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with portfolio management systems
- Experience with prime brokerage web portals
- Experience with Bloomberg.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire to join our sophisticated start-up culture
- Strong accounting and organizational background is necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must value a family culture
- Demonstrates integrity and a stellar work ethic
Compensation will be competitive, consisting of a base salary and bonus component, and will be commensurate with experience. Company is not looking to sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: