Are you a strategic and creative tax professional who would like to work on international tax regimes contributing to global tax transparency? Would you like to understand financial services and products across an array of industries (banking, asset management, hedge funds, insurance) and how complex withholding tax rules apply domestically and internationally? Do you enjoy coordinating efforts in numerous countries? Do you have experience in FATCA, CRS, 1042/1042-S reporting or 1099?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice with a focus on Global Information Reporting!
Work you’ll do
As a Tax Manager within the Global Information Reporting practice, you will be part of a diverse team that is currently leading the transformation and digitalization of the tax profession in the area of international tax transparency for the financial industry. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing advisory services to financial institutions on the areas of FATCA, CRS, Chapter 3 and Chapter 61 of the Internal Revenue Code (1042/1042-S and 1099 reporting), Withholding Partnership rules, Qualified Intermediaries, 871 m), and other global information reporting and withholding regimes
- Being part of international teams across jurisdictions to assist financial institutions with their compliance efforts with these rules
- Being an important part of the engagements workflow while supervising tax seniors, tax consultants, and interns
- Contribute to internal technology development by assisting with the design, the drafting of business requirements and technology testing
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Global Information Reporting team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by properly managing tax transparency regimes, enhancing their customer’s experience and deploying effective technology to facilitate compliance with FATCA, CRS and other domestic and international withholding and reporting complex rules. Our Global Information Reporting Tax subject matter experts provide services to the largest financial institutions in the world, including numerous global banks, asset managers, hedge funds and insurance companies. Our team is leading the transformation and digitalization of the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of Global Information Reporting services range from FATCA, CRS, chapter 3 and 61 tax compliance globally, tax form validation services, Qualified Intermediary and Withholding Partnerships regimes, technology development in these areas, consulting services, controversy, risk management and audit readiness for these regimes. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 5+ years’ experience in FATCA, CRS, chapter 3 and chapter 61 of the Internal Revenue Code, Qualified Intermediaries, 871 m) or other withholding and reporting regimes
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- Preparation and review experience of FATCA tax returns, CRS reporting, tax forms validation (W-8, W-9 or CRS Self-certifications), 1042/1042-S and 1099 reporting
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Ability to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM, accounting degree or MBA
- Supervisory experience
- Previous Big 4, CPA firm experience or law firm experience
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and encouraging all of our people to be their authentic self. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This inclusive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.