Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
WSH Management, Inc. (WSH) has marketed, leased, and managed senior and multi-family properties since it began operations 17 years ago, and is very experienced in the management of both Affordable and Market Rate Apartment Communities. WSH strives to create an environment for its residents in which the quality of life is as important as life itself. Committed to a high level of care, WSH emphasizes social, recreational and life- enhancing services, with programs and activities to increase resident satisfaction and long-time occupancy. It maintains properties in top condition to create a comfortable home and promote community cohesion.
We have an immediate opening for Assistant Maintenance Technician / Porter at one of our properties.
The Assistant Maintenance Technician /Porter is responsible for performing maintenance, cleaning and other duties that assure the preservation and upkeep of the buildings, fixtures, and resident spaces. The Maintenance Technician is a key member of the customer service team and must exercise good customer care skills to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
1. Inspects property and equipment daily to determine need and extent of service, equipment required, type and number of operation and maintenance personnel needed.
2. Respond to service requests on a first in, first out, (except in the case of an emergency) and in accordance with Fair Housing guidelines. Document to accurately describe work done, parts used, disposition and time spent.
3. Implementation and supervision of Preventative Maintenance program.
4. Review and update quarterly, semi-annual and annual preventative maintenance schedule to include changing HVAC filters, fire detector batteries, other types of safety devices, cleaning gutters, and inspecting for leaks.
5. Completes and submits a monthly property safety inspection report to the Resident Manager.
6. Assist with turnover of apartments as requested by Resident Manager to include duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors.
7. Directs contracted projects to verify adherence to specifications.
8. Purchases and maintain records of building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment, and furniture.
9. This position is NOT to use their own personal tools in completing work. All necessary tools and equipment will be provided by the property.
10. Utilize safety equipment as applicable (i.e. back support devices, eye protection, gloves, masks, etc.)
11. Provide emergency on-call services on a rotating basis with other maintenance staff. Overtime may be required.
12. Support office staff in efforts of safety and security of the property.
13. Keep Maintenance Shop neat and organized. Maintain company tools, equipment and other items in a satisfactory condition.
14. Meet and be personable and professional with community residents.
15. Fix problem with cleanliness of property including trash and hallways.
16. Assist in monitoring maintenance, inventory, parts, cleaning supplies and placing replacement orders.
17. Can use power machinery properly and safely.
18. Driving to local areas when necessary.
19. Keep cellular telephone on at all times during working hours and while on call.
20. Know property rules and regulations and inform Property Manager of non-compliance.
21. Is not authorized to sign any forms, applications or any documents on behalf of WSH Management Company or WSH Partnership or any affiliated companies.
22. Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
23. Cleans all common areas; rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, laundry centers, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas.
24. Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
25. Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies using cleaning and extracting machines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please click Reply in the top left of the screen to apply via email. Please include the position as the title of your email and attach a copy of your resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour