This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Workers’ Compensation Collection Department and the extended business office Collection partners, to ensure they are in compliance with organizational & industry standards. We are looking for someone experienced (Manager or Director level), has led a large team of people before
- Manages collection teams and activities to promote best practices for collection efficiency & maximization of cash.
- Manages the supervisors to ensure maximum collection of all accounts receivable as well as monitoring productivity and quality.
- Identifies quality issues, advises senior leadership & implements solutions.
- Builds an effective team by demonstrating team leadership, budget development & management, work plan development & project management skills.
- Creates strong collaboration, results orientation & strategic thinking within the department.
I need someone that has led a large team of people before. Not a supervisor, but a manager or director level and have extensive collection background in government or WC collections.
- Provides leadership of the WC collections department, contributes & ensures accurate & timely collection of cash
- Maintains a competent, motivated & qualified staff including disciplining, counseling, coaching, advising, training, termination & resolution of personnel issues.
- Monitors & measures collection performance against cash performance targets & maintains communication between the collections teams & stakeholders
- Identifies & develops workflows and training for staff to enhance recoveries.
- Communicates updated procedures & information to all involved parties.
- Ensures effective financial management of Accounts Receivable, to include financial tracking & analysis of financial recoveries & performance.
- Plans & implements departmental programs & systems that provide analytical support on financial issues.
- Authorizes refunds, write offs & adjustments up to a specified amount.
- Provides consulting expertise to business function areas & coordinates/conducts required training as identified from various sources or externally mandated requirements; stays abreast of all regulatory changes & requirements; implements & communicates changes to department & service area staff within PFS.
- Ensures timely & accurate processing of industrial, Medi-Cal, & Medicare accounts in accordance with best practices, defined process flows & procedures & applicable legislative & regulations.
- Ensures consistent application of processing procedures, policies & personnel practices among the employees on the collection team & promotes organization & division strategic objectives.
- Manages the work of the units in maintaining high quality of work with revenue enhancement & customer service focus, through monitoring operational performance, & implementation & improvement options for both the Northern & Southern California regions.
- Ensures consistent application of operational practices, policies & procedures.
- Develops, recommends, implements & monitors goals, objectives, & performance standards, Tracks & analyzes financial recoveries of outside vendors, ensuring effective performance.
- Plans, develops, & implements administrative strategies consistent with business plans, organizational goals, health plan member service agreements & federal & state law.
- Collaborates on preparation of Northern & Southern California monthly revenue & PFS financial reports.
- Minimum of 5-10 years demonstrated ability to lead and manage departments, preferably in a healthcare environment required.
- BA/BS Degree required
- Must have insurance hospital collections background
- Medi-Cal or Medicare FFS or HMO knowledge and CA Workers’ Comp experience.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations related to billing and collections.
- Understand insurance appeals, processes and guidelines.
- Knowledge in budgeting and accounting principles and of personnel/labor laws and regulations.
Commensurate with experience.
Cross Ocean Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job.