Position: Career Coach
Organization: Towards Employment
Founded in 1976, Towards Employment is a non-profit leader in providing innovative solutions to move people out of poverty and into quality jobs. Towards Employment has gained local and national recognition for achieving excellent outcomes through the hard work of its dedicated staff of 50+ and a $5.0+ million annual budget – and we are growing! Towards Employment offers a continuum of support to low-income individuals preparing to enter the workforce or looking to advance from low-wage employment while also fulfilling the staffing needs of local employers. For more information on the organization, please visit www.towardsemployment.org.
Towards Employment designs and delivers customized projects within the healthcare and manufacturing sectors and is seeking an experienced career coach. The Career Coach assists participants in developing career plans and gaining employment in the identified sector and advancing in their career, as well as building relationships with employers to further project goals. The Career Coach will have opportunities to participate in learning networks dedicated to identifying and applying best practices around job retention and advancement.
- Develop positive relationships with program participants assisting with issues related to job placement, retention and advancement
- Create a Personal Career Map with each program participant that includes education, training and work experience needed to attain longer-term career goals
- Identify skill gaps and develop plans to address these gaps in order to attain career goals
- Work closely with case managers and other program staff to facilitate job matching for initial and advanced job placement. Provide support to ensure that enrolled participants successfully complete technical training programs
- Coordinate and facilitate career planning, professionalism and soft skill group sessions
- Document consistently, accurately and timely all contact in a computerized data management system
- Develop positive working relationships with employer partners in order to assess needs and interests of the company and to understand working environment and to gauge the level of service needed by particular employees
- Provide regular employer site based training and individual career coaching services
- Respond immediately to crucial needs of employer partners, regardless of business hours
Success in this position typically requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related degree with at least 3 years’ expertise in the healthcare or manufacturing industry; workforce development or human resources preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with adults with barriers to employment; experience working with formerly incarcerated individuals, those on public assistance and/or young adults disconnected from school or work preferred
- Proven group facilitation and presentation skills with both small and large groups
- Knowledge of community resources in Greater Cleveland
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn & manage database functions for tracking purposes
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance
- Ability to work as part of multiple teams and to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Commitment to Towards Employment’s mission and values
Towards Employment provides equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants regardless of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)