The Estimator is responsible for providing estimates to customers who have experienced an insurance loss/claim. Primary focus is to serve as a salesperson for the company and to perform, negotiate and conclude estimates and supplements for insurance adjusters. This individual is responsible for abiding by all insurance program policies, time requirements and procedures in a timely manner to ensure that we maintain high marks for our TIPS and POMS scores.
The Estimator is responsible for creating fast and accurate estimates and for making sure that all data is properly uploaded to Xactimate and XactAnalysis, as well as in PSA, and that the status of jobs is properly maintained.
- Close sales after estimates are approved by the insurance company, making sure that good communication is maintained during the approval process with all parties involved (e.g., insurance, homeowner).
- Ensure that contracts are signed, that all policies and procedures of the company are reviewed with the client (part), that deductibles and deposits (if applicable) are collected at the time of contract signing, and that the jobs sale is “completed” and properly noted in PSA and XactAnalysis/Xactimate.
- Ensure that timely initial contacts with customers are made, that accurate estimates are performed within insurance company/programs time frames and guidelines.
- Serve as the primary liaison with customers.
- Manage the customers’ expectations to ensure they understand all company policies, guidelines and processes so as to ensure no deviation and loss of control of the job.
- Work with customers to ensure all paperwork (e.g., contract, change order) is filled out properly and signed by the customer prior to starting the job.
- Complete all internal paperwork (i.e., what’s in job file) and submit to Customer Care (recon) so job can be entered into production.
- All Estimators are included in an on-call rotation for after-hours emergency service response.
- Complete Xactimate estimates for initial loss supplements and change orders for the Project Managers.
- Provide the Project Manager a components report created in Xactimate, when sold. Correct any deficiencies in the budget after project management review in a timely manner.
- Oversee the transition of a new sale to the Project Manager and maintain contact with the Project Manager throughout the job.
- All estimates are written with a complete understanding of the insurance company’s specific requirements.
- Ensure that all jobs are updated in a timely manner in Xactimate, XactAnalysis and PSA (i.e., site inspected, estimate sent, estimate approved, and date of work authorization) – and that proper documentation needed for the job is loaded into the respective databases. (This includes a minimum of nine pictures of each claim – with at least one that shows the entire building/house).
- 7 plus years of construction and estimating experience preferred.
- Xactimate certifications preferred. After one year of employment, must successfully complete all three levels of Xactimate certification.
- Experience in construction is required and other related restoration services is a plus.
- High school or GED equivalency preferred.
- Computer skills including word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet use (Excel).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills needed.
- Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hunt Valley, MD (Preferred)