Responsible for the auditing of all charges and postings, correcting work as required. The Night Auditor reconciles daily activity and closes all accounts in preparation for the new day. All information will be processed and formatted into daily reports and distributed as the Morning Reports. Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently: process all payments according to hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to guests and visitors.
Front Desk Supervisor or Front Office Manager
Front Desk area and Back Office area, Guest Rooms, and Public areas.
Job involves working:
- Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- Around dust and/or mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
Accounting, Front Desk staff, Housekeeping, Restaurants, Engineering, Security, Sales & Catering, and Executive Offices.
Hotel guests/visitors, Tour company representatives, hotel clients & accounts, limousine service personnel, other hotels, and vendors/suppliers.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
3. Previous experience in a similar position in a similar style hotel.
4. Provide legible communication and directions.
5. Compute basic arithmetic.
6. Ability to:
- Willing to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
- Ability to think clearly, can remain calm, and solve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to follow specific directions thoroughly.
- Desire to understand guests' service needs.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. College degree.
2. Previous hotel Front Desk experience; Marriott hotel experience preferred
3. Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
4. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/point of sale system/computers.
5. Certification of previous training in computers.
6. Previous guest relations training.
7. Certification in CPR.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting up to 50 lbs.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Reach 5 feet.
4. Remain in stationary position for up to 8 hours throughout work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
1. Able to operated hotel shuttle van based on state laws, local jurisdictions, and hotel insurance policies.
2. Able to sell or serve alcoholic beverages based on state laws, local jurisdictions, and hotel insurance policies.
3. Remain in a stationary position for up to 10 hours throughout work shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental service standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6. Maintain complete knowledge of :
a) All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b) All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments, and location.
c) All room rates, special packages, and promotions.
d) Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e) Room availability status for any given day.
f) Scheduled daily group activities.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Pick up, count and maintain bank. Secure bank at all times.
9. Read the log book daily and record all pertinent information in the log book.
10. Process currency exchange and payments to guest accounts.
11. Process adjustments, rebates, paid outs, and credits as required.
12. Operate Property Management System (PMS) and maintain security of system.
13. Verifies and makes corrections to the Room Rate Report.
14. Reconcile telephone calls and miscellaneous accounts.
15. Backup computer system files.
16. Verifies that all checks are closed, and closes and logs any open check in the Point of Sale (POS) system.
17. Prints Food & Beverage end of day reports.
18. Audit Food & Beverage cashier's work and correct discrepancies.
19. Audit Rooms Cashier's work and correct discrepancies.
20. Audit all miscellaneous charges.
21. Verifies package postings on house accounts.
22. Input all sales figures into the Property Management System (PMS) and balance all accounts.
23. Run Room & Tax verifying that all room rates posted.
24. Verify Cashier's Report to drop log and paperwork.
25. Record room statistics.
26. Close POS after all work is balanced.
27. Run end of day program and close day.
28. Check that interfaces are up and running.
29. Run daily Flash Reports and distribute accordingly.
30. Run morning reports and backup reports and distribute accordingly.
31. Print express check out folios and distribute.
32. Sign out and brief relief.
33. Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all work has been completed.
34. Restock all printers.
35. Fill out and deposit payment and corresponding checks.
36. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
37. Manually calculate and post adjustments to guest loyalty programs in PMS.
38. Coordinate safety of the building with security personnel and ensure proper after hours safety protocols.
39. Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
40. Access all functions of computer system.
41. Set up work station with necessary supplies.
42. Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
43. Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
44. Process all guest check-ins.
45. Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
46. For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
47. Register guests in the computer.
48. Verify registration & loyalty program information with the guest.
49. If applicable acknowledge loyalty program status.
50. Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
51. Assign guest room.
52. Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
53. Inform guest of room safe and room key procedures.
54. Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets.
55. Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
56. Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach form to registration card or submit to accounting.
57. Maintain guest history files on all guests.
58. Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
59. Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e. sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
60. Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy
61. File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
62. Handle overbooked or "walked" guests.
63. Accommodate room changes.
64. Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
65. Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
66. Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave message.
67. Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX or instruct guest on setting their own from the room.
68. Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of keys.
69. Distribute all guest and department mail.
70. Monitor, send, and distribute guest faxes.
71. Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
72. Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated requirements.
73. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
74. Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e. special requests, amenity delivery).
75. Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports.
76. Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
77. Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
78. Process all check-outs.
79. Resolve any late charges.
80. Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
81. Settle guest accounts.
82. Retrieve guest room key from guest.
83. Solicit guest comments on their stay.
84. Process express check-outs.
85. Handle requests for late check-outs.
86. Conduct group check-ins/outs.
87. Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
88. File guest room keys and ensure the safe keeping of keys at the Front Desk.
89. Adhere to all cashiering procedures.
90. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
91. Make change for guests.
92. Post charges.
93. Run closing reports.
94. Count and secure bank.
95. Complete designated cashier reports.
96. Balance receipts.
97. Drop receipts.
98. Document pertinent information in the log book.
99. Complete shift checklists and other reasonable tasks required by the Front Desk Supervisor/Front Office Manager.
100. Greet all guests using the 15/5 rule.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.