Out client, a successful Managed Service Provider with a rapidly growing SaaS portfolio of products is looking to add a Senior Network Engineer / Architect to their growing team. This position will be responsible for the day to day operations, implementation, maintenance, and engineering support of their internal network infrastructure as well playing an active role in solutions for their client base.
Monitors and controls the network infrastructure deployment processes and implements system security to provide stable and secure system platforms. Assists with the implementation of new or additional network technology to augment and improve infrastructure service within customer environments. Collaborates with internal and external sales teams to design, implement and document technology solutions for their clients.
Expert Skills with Cisco and Brocade required.
This role requires travel to Fall River site at minimum 4 days a week (flex time)
- Provides configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of network infrastructure technologies within physical and virtual environments.
- Collaborates with the VP, Service Delivery & Engineering to develop documented standards for network solutions and ensures that adherence to those standards is monitored and followed.
- Collaborates with the Service Delivery Manager to design, productize and document the network services being delivered by client within AWS, Azure and other cloud environments.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and their advantages with the ability to make recommendations for improving technology used by our clients.
- Participates in and/or manages cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology.
- Assists in defining the security policies and best practices as it pertains to the services being offered by client within network infrastructure for both physical and virtual environments.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments. Customer facing Experience a Plus
Expert knowledge of multiple technology areas including several of the followingL
- Advanced knowledge with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, cache and compression appliances, IPS devices and load balancers for global large-scale networks. This includes significant design, install, troubleshooting for highly available and fail-over environments.
- Ability to design and deploy network solutions based on customer requirements including architect/design, deploy, support and maintaining a full life-cycle approach for global HA network solutions in cloud environments.
- Expert knowledge of the IP protocol suite.
- Extensive experience with the following technologies BGP, iWAN, DMVPN, EIGRP, MPLS, VRF, QoS, PBR, VSS, HSRP, STP, Cisco Meraki stack, WAN Optimization technologies and Cisco Nexus.
- Experience with Cisco enterprise wireless networking and design.
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools.
- Data storage deployment, support, capacity planning and provisioning with SAN, NAS, iSCSI, direct-attached storage & storage virtualization.
- Cisco/Brocade fiber channel switch configuration and support.
- Server virtualization technology utilizing VMWare ESX versions 4.X thru 6.X.
- Remote management of server infrastructure including “out of band” access.
- Server hardware including blade technology, hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Disaster recovery solutions and HA strategies.
Specialist knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas:
- Administration of various server operating systems including, but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 thru 2016, Linux and CentOS
- Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure administration and configuration including DNS, WINS and DHCP
- Network communication protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RMI, RPC, etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills as necessary to communicate and coordinate with others on both routine and non-routine matters.
- Ability to resolve problems independently in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Ability to work successfully with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Make significant decisions and recommendations on complex issues to achieve long-term results and strategic objectives.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in the technical environment
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in organizational process.
- Assume ownership and manage large projects delivering results on-time and in budget.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures for use by Information Technology including development of processes to ensure consistent execution of repeatable tasks.
- Role model teamwork behaviors. Clearly communicates issues, actions and plans.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships.
- Effectively coordinate team-work activities, organizing and running effective meetings.
- Employ structured methods to planning and managing projects.
- Understands and analyzes industry technology trends and their relevance to our client infrastructure.
- Experience working in high-pressure professional services organization or other similar organization requiring attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential and proprietary information.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- MCSE Certification a plus
- Network Specific Certifications (Cisco preferred)
8+ years’ experience in relevant technology and business skills as detailed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Network Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- Fall River, MA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule