Checks patients in for office appointments by performing the below duties as well as additional duties that may be requested.
- Greets patients and obtains required information/documents for check-in process
- Takes patient photographs for medical records
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility at check-in
- Verifies patient’s demographical information is up-to-date and accurate
- Schedules patient appointments
- Provides instruction on the electronic check-in system and assists patients who may encounter difficulties
- Collects co-pays and outstanding balances
- Generates a list of scheduled appointments for the office each day, identifying any patients with outstanding balances and informs the Collections Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be conscientious, courteous and have excellent customer service skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience with Medical Insurance companies
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid Insurance requirements
- Greenway and Phreesia program experience
- One-year reception experience