- Pediatrics Experience
- BLS Certification
- Completion of Fellowship Training
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’child and adolescent psychiatry department in a nationally ranked freestanding children’s hospital located on the medical school campuss Hospital of Chicago are seeking a clinical pediatric psychologist to join a multidisciplinary .
This position will partner directly with a pediatric subspecialty division. Essential job functions for medical psychologists who primary role is provision of psychiatric care through dedicated partnering with a pediatric specialty division include:
1) provision of psychological evaluations and treatment for children treated in the pediatric specialty division, in both inpatient and ambulatory settings,
2) collaboration with team members of the specialty division in developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures specific to the provision of psychiatric care to patients within the pediatric specialty,
3) with approval from the pediatric specialty division, may provide clinical services for other medical psychologists and clinicians in the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry when coverage is needed or they have specific skills that might benefit patients being treated by other pediatric specialists,
4) Serves as a team member within the pediatric specialty division, and
5) Engages in research activities relevant to the pediatric specialty.
A doctoral degree (PhD) in clinical psychology with APA-approved internship required.
Completion of a one-year fellowship in clinical child psychology or pediatric psychology.
Experience in a pediatric medical setting is strongly encouraged.
Required licensure and/or certification: licensed or license-eligible. If employee is license-eligible, state license must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date.
Ability to think proactively, acts creatively, and takes initiative appropriately. Excellent communication, critical-thinking, and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work as a part of multiple teams.
Special physical requirements – sits and stands throughout the day. Physical management of patients in crisis situation may be necessary.
Basic Life Support Certification required.