This position is responsible for radio broadcasts and is involved in the entire process, from booking guests, interacting with callers and co-hosts, and participating in on-air broadcasts. The incumbent will manage and work with broadcasting assistants, presenters and DJs, engineers, and IT staff, and will ensure shows run as planned and are tailored to key audience demographics. In addition to producing, this position may also host a show.
- Responsible for booking guests and making medium-level editorial decisions with collaboration from host(s) under direction of program management.
- Write news and features, blog and create web/digital content
- Commercial production
- Schedule part timers
- Handle technical aspects and associated content decisions during live programs, including but not limited to:
- Screen/coach callers
- Run audio board and timing elements
- Obtain audio cuts on shows
- Edit audio
- Cut podcasts
- Play commercials
- This position may also host his/her own show in addition to the main show they produce, which may include playing a role on-air (i.e. doing traffic reports, character, sidekick, cast member, scheduling music, imaging, promos, commercial production, etc.).
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Prior experience editing audio of broadcast quality
- Board operation experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to think clearly and quickly under high-pressure situations
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy in gathering of facts and spelling
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under strict deadline pressure
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including strict attention to detail
- Successful content generation on social media
- May be required to work non-standard hours, weekends, and holidays.