The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will be accountable for all health, safety, and environmental activities at the Buena plant, with a primary focus around safety. This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of site specific safety programs and will provide leadership for incident investigations and process safety audits.
- Provide safety leadership to the Buena plant.
- Lead the safety team.
- Develop, update and implement safety programs, policies, and any required training programs.
- Lead safety processes (Hazard analysis, Standard Operating Procedures, Training, Contractor Safety Requirements, Change Management, Incident Investigation)
- Establish and monitor and safety audit process, ensuring audits are completed and properly documented.
- Provide routine inspections of safe work management systems to insure compliance.
- Track safety action items to ensure timely completion and that priority safety items remain on track for completion.
- Manage safety and environmental reporting.
- Provide guidance to plant personnel on occupational safety and health issues as appropriate.
- Develop and manage a site specific industrial hygiene monitoring program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced EHS Professional (CIH and/or CSP preferred) with at least ten (10) years of experience.
- BS degree required.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or medical device GMP environment preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred (CIH), desired
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), desired
- 40-hour Hazardous Waste Training (HazWOPER), desired
- Experience in safety incident classification, investigation methodologies, and root cause analysis.
- Able to develop and conduct training for a variety of levels.
- Working experience with risk concepts, including classification from consequence and frequency estimates, risk based decision making and cost benefit analysis.
- Extensive experience with OSGA, DEP, EPA regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency at project management and internal customer management.
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
- Success building effective working relationships with department managers such as engineering and manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs
Job Type: Full-time