Currently seeking several CMOs to join the largest and fastest growing national consulting company made up exclusively of Chief Marketing Officers. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded leader who has business acumen/experience encompassing all areas of marketing (product, program development, digital/web/social media, strategy, marketing operations, and measurement, research, events, PR, branding).
Responsibilities of the Chief Marketing Officer
- Work with a client 1-2 days a week over the 6-12 months it takes to bring a growth strategy to life. This often means that our CMOs get to be on the leadership team of 2-3 clients at once.
- Follow the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company
- Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution, etc. that meets market demands
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
- Develop a feasible marketing plan for the department and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications, etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press, etc.)
- Build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
Requirements of the Chief Marketing Officer
- Must have held the position of VP of Marketing or CMO at one or more large operating companies (consulting firms, agencies, and unfunded start-ups do not qualify)
- Experience to help a CEO or business owner understand where to grow and how to grow and then determine which marketing tools to apply to make big things happen
- Must have experience in several different industries so they have the experience to rely on and the ability to transfer knowledge and insights from one industry to another
- Problem solving/analysis and organizational skills
Compensation for the Chief Marketing Officer
- There is no base salary. Most of our CMOs target taking home $50,000 a quarter, some are taking home well over $100k a quarter.
- This is not an “eat what you kill” environment, but we use a revenue share compensation model. You are paid a percentage of the billings for the projects that you work on. You get a bigger share of the revenue if you bring in the lead, but there are company-funded programs to help you bring in leads. Our objective is for the company to bring in 50% of the projects and our CMOs to bring in 50% of the projects.
Rapidly growing 10-year old company
· Forbes magazine recognized Chief Outsiders as one of their 25 Small Giants for 2019
· Inc magazine has listed Chief Outsiders as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US for each of the last 6 years.
About Chief Outsiders
Chief Outsiders, LLC is a nationwide "Executives-as-a-Service" firm, with 70 part-time, or fractional, Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) engaged from coast-to-coast. Unlike other strategic marketing and management consulting firms, each CMO has held the position of VP Marketing or higher at one or more operating companies. Chief Outsiders have served on the executive team of over 800 client companies to drive growth strategy and execution plans for a fraction of the cost of a full-time executive.
Because of its market-based growth plans, quality of leadership, and experienced team, Chief Outsiders has been recognized for the past six years by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5,000 fastest growing privately held companies in the US, and was recognized in 2019 as a Forbes Small Giant. Chief Outsiders’ CEO Art Saxby and Principal Pete Hayes are the co-authors of “The Growth Gears: Using a Market-Based Framework to Drive Business Success,” an Amazon #1 best-seller for business owners and CEOs. For additional information about the companies who trust Chief Outsiders as their premier source for business growth acceleration, click here.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $200,000.00 to $400,000.00 /year
- Vice President of Marketing level: 4 years (Required)