Location / travel:
Based in Sunnyvale, California, but with extensive travel toproject construction sites as required.
Primary goal of the ideal candidate:
Representing the client'sQCx Central Program Team Library from Sunnyvale, you will work closely tosupport the Program, and also engage with client's QCx teams atnumerous data center construction sites to encourage compliance with the QCxCentral Program team's global construction quality programs and initiatives; --but do so in a diplomatic manner that local on-site teams will see the value ofsuch programs and initiatives
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Cx Program Central Library for quality and accuracy. Make revisions as appropriate.
- On behalf of Client, this role may be required to perform the following:
- Support various Client-initiated programs relating to quality compliance and commissioning of the Client's data center mechanical systems (with an emphasis on cooling systems).
- Typical tasks may include:
- editing commissioning and construction quality test scripts for Level 1 – 5 commissioning
- supporting the Program Cx Manager in data collection, recordation and analysis.
- developing standards and processes for Cx and Quality testing
- be the subject matter expert ("SME") relating to commissioning of all mechanical systems within the data center.
- monitoring existing Cx processes for consistency and adherence to Clients expectations.
- As directed by Client, support Cx Program Manager in the proper implementation of Cx strategy/execution/
- Manage Cx reporting & library maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university. Minimum (4) four years of related experience. Prior Supervisory experience preferred.
- Cx Knowledge Base: Strong engineering knowledge of mechanical / cooling systems within a large enterprise data center.
- Looking for candidates with prior mechanical design experience and/or on-site data center operational experience applied in project commissioning and quality control.
- Although not required, an ideal candidate might have prior experience editing or perhaps even writing Level 1 – 5 test scripts for commissioning and quality testing for data center mechanical systems.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PgMP (Program Management Professional) or PMP (Project Management Professional) certifications preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Communicates well: Must be able to convey technical processes and instructions clearly and concisely as necessary – both in oral and written expression. Also possesses all computer skills with focus on word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Self-Directed: Must possess ability to translate problem statements into solutions without direction from others.
- Collaborates well with others: Must be able to work collaboratively among large groups of client stakeholders.
- Be Accountable: Must be comfortable holding himself/herself and others accountable for deadlines and deliverables.
- Also willing to hold others equally accountable to maintain schedules and provide quality output. Base of level of experience, must be able to convey Ideal candidate works well in teams, yet is self-directed.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Strong process skills, negotiating, decision-making and analytical skills are necessary. Demonstrated ability in project management processes, tools and techniques.
Ability to build and maintain effective professional/client relationships.
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.