Junior Video Editor
Director of Programming
West Hollywood, CA
Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
This is a temp-to-perm editing position for CH Media. We are not looking for a writer or performer who is an editor or AE on the side, but rather someone with an appreciation for comedy who is pursuing a professional career in post-production.
The Junior Video Editor’s primary duties will be to transform existing CollegeHumor content into supplemental and ancillary video assets such as episode cutdowns, sizzles, compilations, outtake reels, and mobile formatted video vignettes. This position will also assist Editors and Content Management staff with exporting of masters and other assets as well as QC duties. The ideal candidate is hardworking, detail oriented, and well-versed in a variety of post-production software and hardware.
- Create vertical video vignettes for DROPOUT mobile app’s landing page.
- Version CollegeHumor and DROPOUT content according to the required specs of multiple digital platforms. This includes adding baked-in subtitles, letterboxing/pillarboxing, and/or other graphics, and exporting videos to spec.
- Create social media versions and/or cut-downs for a variety of platforms
- Create mashups, supercuts, and compilations of past CollegeHumor videos
- Edit Outtake reels and bonus footage from past and present CollegeHumor/DROPOUT content
- Assist Content Management team with QCing Master exports as needed
- Assist editors with prepping projects for color/sound mix, onlining cuts, exports, and performing technical QC
- Coordinate and interface with Content Management and Post Production teams in LA on tasks and delivery of assets.
- Must be able to work in our West Hollywood office Monday-Friday during normal business hours
- Strong understanding of digital post-production workflow and familiarity with the online video landscape
- Required Knowledge: expert with Adobe Premiere
- Additional Perks: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, ProTools, good knowledge of editing with networked drive volumes
- Expert understanding of video codecs and other technical specifications (bitrates, formats, and codecs, audio formats, frame rates, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and independently
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Comedic sensibility a plus
- Strong design sense a plus