Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.”
This is for a student intern position to work part-time during Spring 2020 while attending classes. Must be registered in an accredited program and local to the New Orleans area.
These are job shadowing positions for a part-time/temporary positions as Production Tech Interns. These positions are intended only for students in a qualified Associate's/Bachelor’s Degree program in Electronics Technology, Process Technology, or Instrumentation/Controls Technology.
Perform as a member of a rotating shift responsible for performing routine operating rounds in an assigned area of the plant that includes checking, placing in and out of service, and performing lubrication to plant rotating equipment.
Operate plant equipment including valves and auxiliaries routinely, during startups/shutdowns, and under the direction of Controls Operations Supervisor.
Troubleshoot, identify, and make repairs to plant equipment within the employee classification standards. Isolate equipment for maintenance work following the Fossil Automated Tagging System guidelines.
- Assure the boiler water chemistry is within limits through sample testing, routine rounds, and corrective action to chemical feed systems.
- Continuously strive for excellence in personal safety performance with familiarity of applicable safety methods and procedures.
- Participate on Plant Teams.
- Be familiar with elementary principles of mechanical measuring devices, instruments, controls, and regulating devices as used in generating plants.
- Familiar with principles of operation and function of steam boilers, turbo-generators, pumps, heaters, steam traps, piping systems, pressure and level regulators and their controls and auxiliary systems.
***Please submit a detailed resume in your application.***
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be currently enrolled in an Associate's/Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Process Technology, Instrumentation/Controls or similar program.
- Must be familiar with elementary principles of mechanical measuring devices, instruments, controls, and regulating devices used in generating plants. Familiar with principles of operation, function, and construction of steam boilers, turbo-generators, pumps, heaters, steam traps, piping systems, pressure and level regulators and their controls and auxiliary systems.
Students / Early Careers
No Relocation Offered
NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings:
Up to 25%