PRODUCT MANAGER – ADVANCED TV ADVERTISING
Cox Communications, Inc. is seeking a Product Manager to support its Cox Media team. As part of the Cox Media Product Management and Development Team, the Product Manager is responsible for comprehensive lifecycle management of assigned advertising products within Cox Media's local advertising portfolio including but not limited to the design and maintenance of processes for driving revenue on existing products, rolling out product enhancements, launching new products, and evaluating and potentially decommissioning under-performing products.
This position will have a significant focus on Dynamic Ad Insertion on Video On Demand and TV Everywhere platforms.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on assigned products by leading cross-departmental efforts that will drive the success of the Product Management and Development Team, including but not limited to the following:
- Partnering with Sales team to identify strategies for increasing market share, product usage and growing revenue for all products.
- Partnering with Cox Media markets to facilitate product launches and/or enhancements, ensure proper training, provide compelling sales/marketing collateral, and to gather both market and customer feedback.
- Partnering with Client Strategy team within established feedback loops to ensure client needs and product offerings/benefits are aligned and properly positioned.
- Partnering with Marketing Communications team to coordinate and disseminate internal and external product-related communications.
- Partnering with Research to develop and continually enhance data-driven value propositions for assigned products.
- Partnering with the third-party vendor partners, Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) and Operations teams to implement fulfillment and billing practices consistent with Cox Media sales philosophy.
- Partnering with Sales Enablement team to ensure internal stakeholder needs are properly addressed and documented throughout the product lifecycle.
- Partnering with Finance team to develop and maintain an operating plan and budget for assigned products and manage expenses within the budget, including vendor payments.
- Assist in the development of business cases to support product and services roadmap investments. Recommend/make decisions regarding programs/initiatives that have a significant impact to business outcomes and carry potential consequences if unsuccessful.
- Work closely with field local sales, national rep firm, and other partner sales channels, ensuring that each group has a fresh perspective of products, knows how products fit into the suite or portfolio. Interface with local, national and sales teams providing subject matter expertise on products where applicable.
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain leading business relationships internally and externally with partners, peers, vendors to articulate our needs for products and services that help facilitate company goals.
- Regularly conduct product analysis and other required analyses or presentations for the Product Management and/or Marketing & Sales Services teams.
- 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e., B-to-B product/brand management, media/advertising sales management, etc.);5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Strong ability to work across departmental boundaries to drive toward common goals.
- Proven ability to develop detailed work plans and execute under pressure. Must be able to work independently and deliver measurable results.
- Must be a team-player and thrive in an environment that promotes strong individual skills that are easily applied to goals of the team and company.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and sometime ambiguous environment, completed multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines and self-recognize and adapt to priorities that change often.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, detail, problem-solving and follow-up skills. Exudes a professional image inside and outside the company.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive partnerships with diverse group of internal and external work groups.
- Shows commitment to self-development by demonstrated desire to learn new ways of doing business, staying abreast of competitors/industry major initiatives.
- Ability to influence people that don't report into the position.
- Strategic analysis and planning experience.
- Willingness to travel by car and/or air as needed.
- PC skills required, including strong working knowledge of all MS products.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Marketing, Business, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Digital Media advertising products required, with Online Advertising experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred.
- Visio and Project a plus.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for it's pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiaryof Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications, Inc.
US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Yes, 25 % of the Time