CONSULTANT/ BUSINESS ANALYST - Work from home in Mid-Atlantic region
FULL TIME, CONTRACT, OR CONTRACT TO HIRE
Consultant / Business Analyst Reports To Managing Partner
Our client is seeking experienced Life Sciences consultants to join the company, either full time or on a contract basis. These individuals will be part of an expanding team based in the Mid-Atlantic area, although other locations will be considered. The consultants will work independently or as part of a team and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of up to three projects concurrently. The consultant will manage the development and delivery of specified deliverables. They will manage client based cross-functional and cross-organizational teams in delivering to the client's defined scope, timelines, and budget. The consultant will also be responsible for communicating project progress, managing client expectations, and identifying opportunities for continued or expanded work with the client.
- Responsible for managing the successful completion of client projects (on time, on budget, deliverables met, and to client’s satisfaction) within the assigned portfolio of projects.
- Conduct business analysis on assigned projects associated with business process assessments, technical assessments, requirements definition, solution identification and selection, and business justification development.
- Establish and maintain strong rapport with the internal team and customers to sustain a strong business relationship leading to high customer satisfaction, retention of existing business and development of new business. Manage client expectations, scope creep, and change order process.
- Prepare for, conduct and facilitate client working sessions and solution workshops which may include, but are not limited, to the following types of work: harmonization and/or optimization of client processes, technologies and organization, high level development of information architecture, data integration, data sharing and data management solutions at both strategic and operational level, verification of existing or development of new requirements, or development of specifications for solutions.
- Proactively identify, mitigate and resolve project risks and issues based on business process and software knowledge and experience. This includes identifying innovative and alternative solutions to issues through changes to client workflows or technical environment, making recommendations of alternatives, and facilitating decision-making on the path forward.
- Provide pre-sales support in the development of proposals, participate in pre-sales meetings, and develop contract documentation as required.
- Develop and maintain assigned project standards for use in client and internal projects. Typical standards include project plans, standard project documents, standard contract documents, etc.
- Strong consultative skills, including excellent communication skills, ability to understand difficult issues from both the business/science and technical perspectives, strong analysis, planning, facilitation and visioning skills.
- Excellent business and technical analysis skills to define and document business and IT processes; Models AS-IS and TO-BE processes; Analyzes business workflow and system needs for; assists in data mapping.
- Proven experience in bringing structure and clarity to ambiguous business and technical problems within life sciences with a talent for seeing problems from various viewpoints .
- Ability to articulate business and technical benefits for a defined solution and finesse in facilitating buy-in at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English required.
- Strong project management skills with proven experience managing process optimization and technical projects both locally and globally
- Knowledge of life sciences R&D processes with in-depth knowledge in specific areas within life sciences R&D and manufacturing domains (e.g., discovery, preclinical, clinical, supply chain, reg ops, manufacturing) is a plus
- Knowledge of key systems in play within life sciences R&D and manufacturing (e.g., ELN, LIMS, CTMS, lab automation, modeling and simulation, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to build relationships and effectively communicate up, down, and across organizations
- Ability to act independently, take initiative and drive tasks and issues to resolution. Proven ability to manage others in either a matrix or direct management environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years (consultant) or 10+ years (senior consultant) in consulting and managing projects (strategy development, process optimization, change management, or software implementations) in a client environment. Prior consulting experience preferred
- PMP and/or knowledge of Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology R&D preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft productivity tools (Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project).
- Knowledge of six sigma and lean six sigma or comparable process optimization techniques preferred
- Strong facilitation skills and demonstrated ability to manage difficult situations and people in a team environment to achieve results
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative
- Creative and resourceful
- Mid-Atlantic region preferred; the company is headquartered in the greater Philadelphia area Working Conditions/Requirements
- Position works remotely from home office, with access to an office near Conshohocken, PA. Work is performed remotely with scheduled visits to client sites; estimated 20%-40% travel, depending on engagement requirements. Positions are not typically embedded on site at a client location.
For immediate consideration please forward resume as a Word attachment to Dan McGinnis, email@example.com