Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervision of physician practice in accordance with the policies and procedures of the office.
2. Maintains six provider's meeting schedules, time off requests, CME, action and ON-Call
3. Ensure all pre-certifications and pre-authorizations are completed accurately and timely.
4. Serves as a customer service role model while interacting with referral sources, physicians
5. Responsible for evaluations of Secretaries and file clerk
6. Responsible for counseling and maintaining quality customer service quality of Front Office staff
7. Manages training and evaluating employees, and developing office staffing levels. Insure cross training
8. Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining medical front office operations procedures.
9. Monitors/Direct Supervision of accurate filing methods.
10. Participates/Assists if needed in filing, scheduling, updating charts, answering telephones
11. Coordinates Cancer Screening and Wellness Events
12. Responsible for Office supplies and physician materials orders.
13. Plan, coordinate and take minutes of all staff and physician meetings
14. Able to assist in all secretarial and file duties as needed.
15. Supervision of distribution duties, such as, in reconciliation of No show/Cancelled appointments
16. Manages time requests, and communicate and administrator on provider schedule.
17. Responsible for maintaining physician Outlook schedule.
18. Point person/directs secretaries to appropriate resource for completion of job tasks
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
1. Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
2. Two years supervisory experience, preferred
3. Knowledge of front office operation in a Cancer Clinic
3. Ability to multitask in a high paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude.
4. Transcription and Dictaphone use
1. Bachelor's Degree preferred
2. Associates' Degree , with a major in Business Administration/ Healthcare Administration , or Graduate of a Medical Assisting/Medical Office Management program, with 5 years of previous experience in a physician office.