Assists in the day to day operation of all food and beverage operations at the community, by maintaining company standards and meeting financial expectations of the department. Assists the current Dining Services Director as needed or performs the duties of the Dining Services Director in their absence.
- Assists in the supervision of preparation and cooking of food as determined by standard recipes.
- Maintains a quality assurance program that guarantees residents receive fresh, tasty, well-prepared meals served promptly and politely.
- Develops well-balanced recipes and menus in collaboration with chef and Dining Services Director.
- Maintains the resident request logbook and forwards these request to the chef and Dining Services Director. Remains knowledgeable of all menus and descriptions.
- Assists in maintaining food costs and ensuring budgetary compliance. Assists in the purchasing all food and non-food items.
- Assists with the scheduling of all food service personnel to maintain compliance with budgetary guidelines. Assists with resident billing of food service charges. Assists in the maintenance of all department logs and ensures bookkeeping policies are followed.
- Assists in ensuring all food and beverage is stored, handled and prepared under safe and sanitary conditions as set forth by the company and the local, state and county health departments.
- Acts as the facility’s representative for any health department of other required inspections; assures
compliance, follows up to assure any deficiencies are immediately corrected in the absence of the Dining Services Director.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental employees in accordance with company policies.
- Assists in ensuring all department training standards are met and up to date.
- Supervises the daily operation of dining room(s) and room service. Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and properly with the Dining Room Manager. Ensures smooth and timely opening of the dining room.
- Inspects side work to ensure completion and closes dining room with the Dining Room Manager.
- Provides supervision for special functions in the absence of the Dining Services Director. Assists appropriate staff to coordinate special events.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with two to three years related experience and/or training; or twelve years of experience and/or training in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality as the educational equivalent preferred. Some experience working with seniors and older adults beneficial.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements:
Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Must be ServSafe Certified. Registered Dietitian or Certified Dietary Manager preferred. Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Service Management: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement