As a Software Engineer in the Analytics team, your job will be to design and implement a cutting-edge parallel and distributed data management system.
You‘ll be part of a team working on hard problems, including distributed query processing, query compilation/optimization, data storage and replication - and the tissue that holds it all together.
You’ll primarily work with Java, but may also work with Go, Erlang, and possibly a few other languages thrown in for good measure.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, memcached, Apache AsterixDB, and other projects.
- Create the world’s best distributed server infrastructure which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP and OLAP needs.
- Discuss and debate with your peers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built.
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance, and economy.
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software.
- Be agile.
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges.
- You have excellent analytical skills and a passion for pinning down technical issues and solving problems.
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team mate
- You have experience shipping commercial or open source software.
- You know a thing or two about database internals.
- You know Java, but you’d also like to step into the world of other languages like Erlang & Go.
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly.
- You have experience in processing queries on non-relational data.
- You know open source software development practices and ideally have of track record of open source contributions.
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
Couchbase’s mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world’s first Engagement Database. Built on the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform offering includes Couchbase Server and Couchbase Mobile and is Open Source. The platform provides unmatched agility and manageability – as well as unparalleled performance at any scale – to deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer experiences. The world's largest enterprises choose Couchbase for the most demanding web, mobile and IoT applications - companies like Amadeus, AT&T, Cisco, Comcast, Concur, Disney, Dixons Carphone, eBay, General Electric, LinkedIn, Marriott, PayPal, Ryanair, Viber, Tesco, United Airlines, Verizon, Wells Fargo, and hundreds of others around the world use Couchbase Data Platform for their interactive web, mobile, and IoT applications.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
* One of CRN’s 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
* No. 17 on Forbes’ list of Best Big Data Companies to Work For
* 5 Data Startups To Watch Out For In 2017 by Innovation Enterprise
* Document Store Leader by Forrester Research Inc.
* Winner of TechTarget’s 2017 Modern Mobility Innovation Award for its role in providing offline synchronization capabilities to GE’s Predix Platform.
* Big Data NoSQL Leader by Forrester Research Inc.
* “Best in Show” in Software Development by SD Times
* Strong Performer in In-Memory Database Platforms by Forrester Research Inc.
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.