NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Web Developer.
The web developer works on the various websites that our research center is operating and to develop HTML-based frontend interfaces for our in-house developed software tools and open-source platforms.The Web Developer will join our interdisciplinary team of medical imaging researchers at NYU Langone Health.
- Maintains and enhances our research center’s website and works with content creators to regularly update the site. Monitor the site and ensures that security patches are always applied
- Designs and develops HTML/CSS-based frontend interfaces for our in-house developed software tools and our open-source platforms (including our “Yarra Framework” and “mercure DICOM Orchestration Platform”)
- Designs and contributes to websites for our open-source projects, including theming of project and documentation pages
- Develops branding elements for projects and open-source platforms (including logos, icons, color schemes, UI elements)
- Provides technical guidance to faculty and lab staff on projects that require websites or web-based user interfaces
- Assists research faculty in designing web content about research groups and activities
- Contributes to various research projects that require user-interface design and presentation/visualization of research results
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Professional web development experience
- Skills in graphic design and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS, and frontend toolkits like Bootstrap
- Strong experience with the WordPress content-management system
- Experience with theme development and templating systems such as Jinja2, EJS, or Handlebars
- Experience with the Linux operating system (Ubuntu / Debian)
- Experience with version management tools (Git) and procedures
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $61,475.67 - $102,459.45 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.