This position will support High-Performance Research Reactor programs in collaboration with the Idaho National Laboratory (INL). The Neutronics Analyst will work as part of a team that includes engineers from other departments and Project Managers at the INL. Typical tasks include fuel assembly and core design, experiment analysis, reload safety analysis of plant reload designs, authoring and review of various design and reload licensing reports and documents, support of the plant’s online core monitoring system (POWERPLEX-XD), and review of engineering work performed by other team members. Analysis engineers work together with Codes and Methods development engineers to continue improvement and maintenance of methods and automation tools.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity.
· Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering completed by start date.
· Candidates with an advanced degree and/or experience may be considered for a high level position.
· Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution.
· Must have ability and attitude to learn a variety of new procedures, processes, and tools, while maintaining various stages of production.
· Must be able to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
· Basic experience and capabilities with MICROSOFT Office software products (WORD, EXCEL, etc.)
· Experience working with engineering workstation computers and LINUX and/or UNIX operating environments.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
· Advanced degree (MS or PhD).
· Work experience in the areas of neutronics / physics and/or thermal hydraulics design.
· Experience with nuclear neutronics analysis codes.
· Experience in Lean Six Sigma product/process development in design and engineering.
· Computer programming/software capabilities and experience in FORTRAN, C/C++, SMALLTALK.
*NOTE: There will be a possibility to work remote for this position. *
Job Type: Full-time