Goethe-Institut (German Cultural Center) – Washington, DC
Start date 07/02/2018; permanent position
The Goethe-Institut is the globally-active cultural institution of the Federal Republic of Germany, with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany through information on the cultural, social, and political life of our country. Our cultural and educational programs promote intercultural dialogue and make cultural participation possible. They strengthen the development of structures of civil society and facilitate worldwide mobility.
- Conceptional development and editorial work for the journalistic internet offerings of the Goethe-Institut USA (www.goethe.de/usa)
- Collaborate on determining themes and coordinate with the Goethe-Instituts in the USA, the Goethe-Institut headquarters, authors, bloggers and artists
- Editing text and pictures (print and online), overseeing translations into both German and English, entering content into the content management system
- Participation in the conception and implementation of diverse formats
- Communication and negotiation with partner organizations and cultural institutions in the USA and Germany
- Development of online cooperations and marketing campaigns
- Project planning, expense reports, budgeting and proposal writing
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English and German
- Successful completion of a higher education degree in a relevant field
- Experience in cultural work, journalism and work experience in an online editorial department
- Strong familiarity with cultural and societal topics in Germany and the US
- Strong familiarity with photo editing, content management systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
The Goethe-Institut offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance (if working at least 30 hours per week). The Goethe-Institut is an Equal Opportunity employer and guarantees gender equality. The Goethe-Institut will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please email your application with the following required documents:
- Cover Letter (1/2 to at most 1 page)
The submission deadline is 06.06.2018. Qualified candidates will be invited to interviews on 06.14.2018.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: